Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

second chance

Old 03-10-2003, 01:10 AM
jneesy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default second chance

if you dont know yet it looks like rcu is going to try to charge membership fees for thier site which will probably send people flocking to other boards like these they dont think thier going to lose anyone. but history says otherwise doesnt it?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Bill L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default second chance

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] If you want to play, You gotta pay![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I guess it is just the way aof life in the free enterprise system.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 09:41 AM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Default second chance

Bandwidth ain't cheep and everybody is trying to suck every dime they can out of everyone. I don't mean just the forum boards, but everything. I got my cell phone bill. $14 in taxes and fees. I don't have a cell phone anymore. I lived a lot of years without one and ill get through living without one again. I wonder if I can get a job that pays benefits defusing dirty bombs cause even burger king is getting rid of people around this dull, drab, dirty little town of ½ million.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:46 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default second chance

These cost should be absorbed by advertising dollars like TV networks. But as wel all know, internet advertising really amounts to nothing, and is annoying at best.

it is too bad, a catch-22 situation where you have a suite, not unlike this one, (and as I remeber once like RCO) where the group is larger than what can be handled, and in order to allow a larger audience, requires a larger server, with a larger $$, But little to no revenue to support it. RCO did make a plea of donations, but it was too little too late.

That's teh problem with being popular on the internet..
Old 03-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Roodester

Default second chance

I consider the people who chatter on this forum my flying buddies and we are just sharing our experience, knowledge, and stories just as I do at our local flying field. If I have to pay money to talk to my friends, well like a fat kid in dodge-ball, "I'm outa here." Do you hear me RC Airport staff?

Roodester
Old 03-11-2003, 08:24 PM
Bill L

Default second chance

Remember RCairport has products to sell, and advertising space to sell. A % of the users of this forum are going to buy product. Chase them away with a user's fee, and there will be less potential customers. I hope they are not that stupid![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2003, 08:53 AM
RCU-Admin
My Feedback: (4)

Default second chance

Interesting discussion. We hear you guys. We certainly have entertained a nominal fee of about $1.50-$2.00 per month, but only in the context of offering much of what we have for free with additional services included in the membership fee.

On one hand, we know that guys in this hobby love to chat with buddies and enjoy the benefits of learning more and sharing stories, etc. On the other hand, we have provided more in the way of new and innovative tools for individuals and clubs, with advertising doing little to defray enormous development costs. If our membership knew the cost of developing the Product Guide, Free Club area, Event calendar etc, they would likely chuckle at a buck fifty per month fee. Who knows. We are tossing it around and if we do something, it won't be significant and it wouldn't likely be required of those who just use basic services on the site like the forum.

Remember, our team is made up of guys who are as intense about R/C as you are. We come from the same place. Thanks for your feeback. Keep this thread up. We want to hear more from you.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:17 PM
crasher1
My Feedback: (31)

Default second chance

Hey Man/Women.............1.67 , I'd easily pay 2.00 , I keep advertising this place and I would continue to support any and all efforts to secure the quality of RC life that "We" enjoy here. I too have a couple of friends who've invested "dearly", and the count seems to never end with todays ongoing new "Technology". I say..."KeeP Up The Great Work"
P.S. CC : To Second Chance