Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

balascraft precedent kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 08:32 PM
flyman1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default balascraft precedent kits

anybody know where i can find who handles balascraft precedent kits? is there a web site? would appericate any info.

thanks
len logun
Old 05-27-2002, 08:56 PM
robert

www.ripmax.com
They are set up in England, and they have tons of built up and ARTF kits between them. Balsacraft deals mainly with ARTF, while Precedent are mainly built up planes. Are you looking for a particular model? I would be glad to assist you with it.
Robert.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:53 PM
flyman1

Default precendent kits

ROBERT;
THANKS FOR YOUR OFFER TO HELP.WENT ON THE WEB- SITE. BUT DID NOT FIND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, AM INTEREST IN A SMALL MODEL, THE BI-FLY AND IF THERE IS A U.S. SOURCE, but i;M MAINLY CURIOUS
THANKS
LEN LOGUN
Old 05-29-2002, 06:35 PM
robert

I know the one, small bi-plane, isn't it. I think that precedent went out of business, or have pulled out alot of kits. Your best bet would be to try to ring an English model shop, or even an Irsh one, to see if they have one available.
Robert.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:35 AM
Steve Lewin

Balsacraft/Precedent kits have not been in production for well over a year now. The company was bought by Ripmax who promptly closed down all production. Some of the Balsacraft kits are returning as ARFs built in the Far East but none of the old Precedent ones that I've heard of.

It's just possible that there's a shop somewhere that still has one gathering dust but it won't be easy to find. The BiFly is a very old design and certainly not one of the more popular kits.

Steve
Old 05-30-2002, 01:29 PM
Cactus.

can i just pip-in the Precedent FunFly, the club sport plane of choice here in the UK a few years back, should be making a come back soon. if this deffinatly happens or how big the production will be, i dont know yet, but i know our local wing sections have been taken for the posability new kits.
best place to find a Bi-Fly is a swap meet, along the same lines is a RCM&E plan called Poppet, looks and flys about the same tho i think the Poppets cuter, am i allowed to say that as a hardened Fun Flyer? lol

P.S big BOOOOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSSSSSSS to Ripmax for discontining these kits, for leaving us with ARFT and no personal choice in build or finish.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:53 AM
propeller

Default RE: balascraft precedent kits

Expecting a the "large version" of the Bi-Fly in the mail today. The last one in the shop. Got it really cheap.

There is a .25 version with buildt up wings and a larger version with planked foam wings. The larger one has a wsp of 122 cm and is rated for 40-46/60-90 engines. Quite a span if you ask me.

Have bought Precedent aircrafts in the past waiting to be buildt, as they have quit making them.

Jon in Oslo
Old 04-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Cactus.

theres a 25 here with a 36 or 32, or maybe it's dead now, anyway, went great!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
twinflandres

I've got this model .... the Bifly40

The kit was bought in 1992 and it's still in his box ... The fuse is finished
Old 08-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Harry Lime

Dear Robert,
I have tried every combination of Precedent, Balsacraft, and Fun Fly to try and find that very model with no luck! The Fun Fly is even featured in RCM&E magazine this, Sept. 08, edition showing the lovely cut-away ribs etc and I must have one. I will modify it to look like the 1970s Veron 'Concord' kit. Nice curved block topside and big wings.Can you help with an actual model shop in England and I will be very grateful.

Harry.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:02 AM
Harry Lime

Dear Robert,
I have tried every combination of Precedent, Balsacraft, and Fun Fly to try and find that very model with no luck! The Fun Fly is even featured in RCM&E magazine this, Sept. 08, edition showing the lovely cut-away ribs etc and I must have one. I will modify it to look like the 1970s Veron 'Concord' kit. Nice curved block topside and big wings.Can you help with an actual model shop in England and I will be very grateful.

Harry.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
jimmac

Harry do a search for www.slec.co.uk they make the kits and sell direct.
Jim.