The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

OV 10 Bronco

Old 03-10-2003, 07:59 PM
ltw826

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OV 10 Bronco

I have the plans for Rich Uravich (sp??) OV 10 and am starting to gather up the necessary items to start building. I need to get advice on which engines to use. The kit calls out for .25 size two strokes but nothing for 4 strokes. Any advice on which size or type of four stroke could be used.

You can mail me at ltw826@bellsouth.net.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 03-11-2003, 10:34 AM
crasher1
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OV 10 Bronco

Got the same problem, but I found out that if I put a FS on it of equal RPM's I was pretty close to the orginal spec's. I was told by an ole timer that some of the older kits were stickly designed for that era engine, .25 - .29 or .30 size, may sound weak but will more than do the job, however, if you decide to venture out and place a FS on it, beef up the fuse and sheet the leading edge of the wing, this will add needed strength for inherient stress you'll incounter, other wise expect this aircraft to come apart after a couple of flights.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:32 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OV 10 Bronco

O.S has just announced a new small four stroke to up the ante for their smallest which I believe was .26. I think the new one is .30. Not too sure about the sizes but the advertising is out. A friend who is a very good scale builder built an OV10 with two .25 two strokes as required and it taxied vary well. It had to have a very long take off run and flew nothing at all like an OV10. Check the model magazines or Tower Hobbies which is the US distributor for OS.