Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Project Ideas

Old 03-15-2003, 03:15 PM
tabb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Ideas

I have simple project that I have taken on . It entails the building a float for our communities Fourth of July parade. We are a small club and the idea is to get some exposure to spark interest in this great hobby. My thinking was on the lines of a small trailer pulled by a garden tractor with a design that would incorporate the ability to mount a few airplanes on it with one mounted to the top (1/4 scale cub with a O.S. 120 twin that we could have running for people to see and hear) If you have any great ideas or maybe even some pictures of something that was previously built we would sure appreciate the input. Thanks in Advance
Barry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2003, 09:20 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Project Ideas

The one I saw was. on a 16' flatbed trailer. 4 sheets 4by8 pegboard with 2by4 for frames leaned up on the long edge to make a 4' tall 16' long "A" frame down the ceter of the trailer. The pegboard was painted sky blue and the planes were wired through the holes by the landing gear. Think about using a pickup to pull it with guys in the back throwing candy. A lawn mower would not keep up in some parades. later daveo
Old 03-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Bill L

Default Project Ideas

If you go with the "running" airplane motor (which I think is neat) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] please use a muffler for the sake of our hobby, and the parade which will be noisy enough already.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
This sounds like a neat promotion of "fun for all" activities.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 12:32 AM
tabb

Default Project Ideas

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thanks for the replies. I like the peg board Idea sounds like it would be easy to mount the planes this way. Also on the engine running, without a doubt your absolutely right about the mufflers. I am leaning toward a four stroker as the plane that would be running as they are not as evasive as the two strokers. Thanks again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 04:33 AM
proman_11

Default Project Ideas

i bought a fire bird xl about a year ago but blew it now ive made it into a hand launched glider it is sooooo coool