Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

OS "F" Plug

Old 02-01-2004, 12:08 PM
CheezeyPoof
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS "F" Plug

Our we paying for the name of OS on this thing. This plug cost an average of $10 each. I have always had good results from McCoy plugs and other cheapies like "Tower" . This being my first fourstroke.
I am going to give the McCoy Four stroke plug a shot since they are less than half the cost. Are the less expensive Fourstroke brands like KB, McCoy and such okay? Comments would be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:21 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS "F" Plug

I wouldn't say it's OS that drives the price; from my (limited as it may be) experience, the OS "F" is THE best four stroke plug on the market.
Dennis-
Old 02-01-2004, 04:26 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

the F is all I use on my four strokes.. very very good plug.. I'm actually using OS #8's in just about everything else, including my helicopters
Old 02-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like the price either, but the Type F plug provides a lower, more reliable idle that doesn't go cold on throttle up and lasts a long, long time. Until someone comes up with something as good or better at a lower price I guess we're stuck with it. Or you could switch to gas engines.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:36 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Buy 4 of the $3 plugs per season or else 1 of the $10 OS F-- take your choice.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Low Wing

Hanger 9 has a great new plug, It's made for four stroke motor's...It's only five buck's...Never ever put a cheap plug in a 4-stroke...OS is a great plug as well type F...but they like you said are a bit higher...Saito recommends the hanger 9...go to their site and you'll see...
Old 02-01-2004, 09:23 PM
jwoolridge

I've been told the ys 4 stroke plug is the same as the os f exactly except for the os typed in the side. The benifit is the ys only costs half as much. Apparently there hard to find. I don't really know though since I only have 1, 4 stroke and haven't had to change the os-f I have in it now.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:30 PM
phread59

I have used Fox Miracle plugs with good sucess in Saito's in the past. I have never used an "F" plug. Couldn't get them at my local hobby shop. I would like to get a couple of tehm and try them out though.

Mark Shuman
Old 02-01-2004, 09:42 PM
bearmech

Thunderbolt plugs are working great for me in 2 and 4 strokes.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:36 AM
J.Paul Saure

ORIGINAL: CheezeyPoof

Our we paying for the name of OS on this thing. This plug cost an average of $10 each. I have always had good results from McCoy plugs and other cheapies like "Tower" . This being my first fourstroke.
I am going to give the McCoy Four stroke plug a shot since they are less than half the cost. Are the less expensive Fourstroke brands like KB, McCoy and such okay? Comments would be appreciated.

Of course you're being ripped-off, #F are only $5.29 at Centralhobbies. Where do you pay $10????
#F on my 26Surpass, Saito72 and 120SurpassIII. The plug that came with the Saito was inmediatly thrown away after the break-in runs.
At $5.29 it's a bargain for a plug that lasts more than a year!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:42 AM
J_R

J.Paul is correct. Central Hobbies sells OS and YS plugs cheap, as well as larger APC Props. I think they are close to cost so that you order your other stuff there and the discount offsets the shipping on other items. Cute qimmick.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was flying a Global Flyer with a OS 61 SX when the the number 8 plug died, all I had for a spare was a OS F plug. Put it in and that 2 cycle ran fine, even better than with the #8, been in over a year with several gallons of fuel and still runs great. I'm using a F plug in my OS .91 FX and it runs really good..............after a pump installation of course. I even tried a F plug in my OS .46FX and it ran ok, not as good as the with the #8 though.

Go figure.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:00 PM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Enya #3's are as good as an OS F and probably little more tha 1/2 the price
Old 02-03-2004, 08:09 AM
Sport_Pilot

ORIGINAL: bearmech

Thunderbolt plugs are working great for me in 2 and 4 strokes.
The four stroke is actually hotter than the OS! Fox Miricle plug works great, slightly colder than OS F but works better on high nitro. If r4unning very high nitro that is greater than 20% try the K&B 4S plug. All plugs last better than a year if not run too lean. I haven't noticed that the OS-F lasts longer. It is probably the best plug for 10 and 15% nitro which is why it is so popular.