Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Creek Hobby still in business?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Creek Hobby still in business?

Old 02-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creek Hobby still in business?

Is creek hobbies still in business? I have been calling them and all I get is "this ext is busy". I'm waiting on a cowl I ordered 4 months ago.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:34 PM
tommy s
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Creek Hobby still in business?

I read in another column they are closed. Probably true, they don't answer phone, fax, or e-mail.

tommy s
Old 02-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Furyflyer2

Well it looks like I'm screwed out of 50.00.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:27 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Furyflyer2

Well it looks like I'm screwed out of 50.00.
Not if you used a credit card. Call your card company and tell them what happened........
Old 02-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Furyflyer2

I used a bank card, and that is not insured.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:07 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

They still have an active website:

http://www.creekhobbies.com/

Stores hours: Mon/Thur (3:00pm - 9:00pm) - Fri/Sat (10:00am - 9:00pm) - Sun (10:00am - 6:00pm)
4319 Route 130 South, Edgewater Park, NJ 08010 - Phone: 856.722.0489 Fax: 609.871.2890

And, they still sell airplanes on eBay.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Furyflyer2

Well their not answering their phones.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:18 PM
donhef

Got it on very good info that the actual store is long gone. On Dec 03, my LHS asked me if I knew of these guys, I said sure because I had driven down there to get parts for my trainer in Oct 03 (they are only abt 40 minutes from my town in NJ). He said that if I wanted to get a good deal that I should get down there ASAP because he was holding a going out of business sale. The LHS guy was talking to me, saying that he had made the owner of CH an offer to buy him out, but it didn't fly. AS far as I know, the doors have been closed since January 02, 04.

If they are still selling things on Ebay, it's because the owner is trying to get something back on the stock he was unable to get rid of....

A shame really, had a nice selection of R/C airplane stuff, a lot of 1/4 scale and large planes.........a little pricey though....
Old 02-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Anthony-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

A friend who lives near them spoke to the owner and they are closing the hobby shop. Will continue the ARF business through the website. Changed their hours a while ago so make sure you call after 3pm EST check the website for times. Ordered a Quest in January got it quickly and with great service.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Furyflyer2

ORIGINAL: Anthony-RCU

A friend who lives near them spoke to the owner and they are closing the hobby shop. Will continue the ARF business through the website. Changed their hours a while ago so make sure you call after 3pm EST check the website for times. Ordered a Quest in January got it quickly and with great service.
Well I have been calling EVERYDAY after 3pm EST and NO ONE answers! I'm filling against their business today. I ordered my cowl on 10/1/03 and it's now 2/4/04 and no cowl. I was promised I would get it 12/24/03.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:46 PM
pitboss

I just checked their site and it is still up. it looks like to me that they can take orders online and not fill them. Seems like a case of fraud. Why close and not fill the orders received. And why keep taking orders and have a web site that is still up with no mention that they are out of business.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Furyflyer2

I agree, the last time I talked to them was the first week of dec 03 and was assured that what I ordered was going to get to me before the new year. Well it did'nt and they have not returned my emails or phone calls.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Furyflyer2

I received this email today-

Jim here from Creek Hobbies. I am writing to you today regarding the observation of your posts on RCU regarding Creek Hobbies and your problems with Creek Hobbies.

First, it is true, we are going through some major changes here at Creek. For one, we have eliminated our walk-in retail operation. We are no longer selling general hobby merchandise via the store front or via mail-order. Our entertainment business (Slot Cars, Redemption / Arcade, Birthday / Corporate Parties) is doing very well. We are in the process of moving it to another location. The mail-order business for our Exclusive Prop. Line, such as the airplanes, airplane accessories, and our new lines yet to be announced will continue. We are not sure whether they will continue out of the present location or another. We will be down for about two to three weeks while we continue making these changes starting next week. The phone lines have been forwarded to a generic mailbox and the messages are being monitored. We are returning calls / emails by order of priority while these changes are taking place. We will be back to normal within the next 45 - 60 days as the separation of these business and re-establishments take place. Please clear matters up on RCU so the people that have caught wind of your posts will know the factual answers to their questions. I appreciate it.

In regards to your specific order, I will need some assistance. According to my records, I have that you purchased a Quest cowl on September 30, 2003. The cost was $39.99 for the cowl and $7.99 for the shipping. The employee that was handling the mail-order business and the shipping manager at that time have since been replaced. So apparently the ball was dropped. Looking at your posts, it looks like we owe you something, but I can not determine that looking at our pending orders. We just received the Quests and the parts to support them the first or second week in January. Please advise as to the situation so I can take care of it this weekend. We will be filling all orders this weekend that we have left to fill and will not be shipping after that for two to three weeks, as stated above.

In closing, I hope this information helps to clear matters up. I apologize for the ball being dropped, obviously if I had any idea, it would have been taken care of a long time ago. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Jim
Creek

I sent him a email and will let everyone know what comes of it. It's amazing that it took posting here to get a response, when I sent a detailed email to Jim about the runaround I received when I waited a month to get a cowl to only have to send it back becuse it was destroyed in shipping and than never got a replacement for that.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Furyflyer2

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=17878 read the last post .

I am doing everything I can to remedy the problem. There is no reason why you or I should have to "eat" anything. I am sorry, but I never received the email you question. My personal email address is not secret. I would have handled the situation as soon as I was aware of it. There is no excuse as to why the situation was handled the way that it was. Employees are very tough to deal with. They never do things the way you would and are only here to collect a paycheck (In most cases). This is why I have elected to make the changes I am making. No-one can run a business like the owner can. The owner brings more heart to the job. This downsizing will be beneficial to everyone involved, most importantly the customers. I only happened to stumble across your post on RCU. I rarely monitor the threads. I saw it and I responded. Your cowl will go out this weekend (Saturday) and you will have it in a few days. Where do you want it shipped to?

Jim
Creek

b]Your cowl will go out this weekend (Saturday 7th) and you will have it in a few days.[/b] Well that was the 7th and it's now the 13th and NO cowl!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:06 PM
tommy s
My Feedback: (55)

Hey give the guy a break. He's trying to straighten out a mess all by himself.
Remember he contacted you. If he wasn't going to stay in business why would
he bother. He actually called me on the phone regarding an inquiry I had about
the Quest 90 and explained what was going on. Maybe I'm too easy but I'm
willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I stated in this forum a few days ago I thought they were closed and leaving
everybody high and dry, but maybe they're trying to reorganize and reopen.

tommy s
Old 02-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Furyflyer2

ORIGINAL: tommy s

Hey give the guy a break. He's trying to straighten out a mess all by himself.
Remember he contacted you. If he wasn't going to stay in business why would
he bother. He actually called me on the phone regarding an inquiry I had about
the Quest 90 and explained what was going on. Maybe I'm too easy but I'm
willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I stated in this forum a few days ago I thought they were closed and leaving
everybody high and dry, but maybe they're trying to reorganize and reopen.

tommy s
Sorry He had 4 months, to spend my money and I still have nothing!! A email of the delay of shippment would have been nice don't YA think?
Old 02-15-2004, 11:09 AM
rduncan

I am doing everything I can to remedy the problem. There is no reason why you or I should have to "eat" anything. I am sorry, but I never received the email you question. My personal email address is not secret. I would have handled the situation as soon as I was aware of it. There is no excuse as to why the situation was handled the way that it was. Employees are very tough to deal with. They never do things the way you would and are only here to collect a paycheck (In most cases). This is why I have elected to make the changes I am making. No-one can run a business like the owner can. The owner brings more heart to the job. This downsizing will be beneficial to everyone involved, most importantly the customers. I only happened to stumble across your post on RCU. I rarely monitor the threads. I saw it and I responded. Your cowl will go out this weekend (Saturday) and you will have it in a few days. Where do you want it shipped to?

Jim
Creek

Your cowl will go out this weekend (Saturday 7th) and you will have it in a few days. Well that was the 7th and it's now the 13th and NO cowl!

Didn't he also ask you for your address? You seem to have left that part of the quote out. Of course, I get concerned when I order something and don't have it in a week, so I can understand your response.

Rick
Old 02-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Furyflyer2

ORIGINAL: rduncan

Jim
Creek

Your cowl will go out this weekend (Saturday 7th) and you will have it in a few days. Well that was the 7th and it's now the 13th and NO cowl!

Didn't he also ask you for your address? You seem to have left that part of the quote out. Of course, I get concerned when I order something and don't have it in a week, so I can understand your response.

Rick

He had my address, he just wanted to confirm it, I emailed him today about the cowl and this is what I got-

Paul,

Thank you for the e-mail. I have been working on getting the Red quest cowl for you. I only had pink ones in stock. I have another order coming in within the next two weeks. In the meantime, I had sent one to a gentleman that needed a pink version. He has sent it back and I received it yesterday. I planned on shipping it to you tomorrow. I enclosed the email communication between myself and the gentlemen so you can see that I am not BS'ing you. If you still want me to cancel the order, it is no problem. If you still want it, it can go out to you tomorrow via priority mail. Please advise.

Jim

This should have been emailed to me the beginning of the week not a week later, he did'nt tell me he was out of stock.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:46 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

I would drive from Edison to Creek at least once a month. Shoulda stayed in Mt Laurel. Had a great store there. Got too big, too fast, with a bunch of incompetant people working for you.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:13 AM
silvercloud-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with GWR about creek to big to fast and the small store was the best .
Old 02-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Furyflyer2

Just a update, I told Jim a week ago to re-fund my money and have not been refunded.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Furyflyer2

Paul,

We do not need to credit your account. We have already received notification that you disputed the charge and the charge was reversed pending the chargeback. We have no dispute so your account will be refunded through the procedure of the credit card company, when they get around to it. So please post this on your post on RCU for everyone to see. If not, I will, I have no problem with everyone seeing the facts. That is the problem with these chat rooms......anyone can rave about their accusations, regardless of the true case or the consequences. Thank you for your support in the past and your posts will no way impact my future advertising with RCU or business. Good luck with everything.

Jim

Jim,

Just a FYI, because I did not use a credit card but used my debit card, there is no fraud protection like there is with a credit card. So that means that it was not a guaranty that I would be reimbursed through my bank. I filed this claim before you contacted; I had to cover myself being that 4+ months
have gone by. To me I wish you the best with your business, but as for me you lost mine. You ARE NOT A MAN OF YOUR WORD that is all I can say! The facts are the facts and you have none, if it was not for this site you would have never contacted me. A word of advise the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

Paul
Old 04-10-2004, 09:51 AM
sonnyboy7777

Hi Paul,I just finished reading your post about your Creek hobbies situation.And you were 100% correct.First for an owner of a company to get on a chat board and discuss a businness transaction is crazy.To me it sounded like a simple phone call could have ended this whole thing as soon as he caught wind of someone bashing HIS COMPANY.I know he's lost some future clients.Paul if you ever read this could you say what happen with this situation.Oh and Jim if you read this CHAT ROOMS have helped hobbiest a LOT
and if it wasnt for them in a bunch of cases they would forget hobbies all together.What paul did was right,that the heart of chat rooms an you should know that being in the hobby as long as you have.I hope nobody gets upset over this post.

THE HOBBY IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Furyflyer2

Believe me I tried calling him and yes 1 phone call would have done the trick! I even asked for a number I could call he back at and he would not give it to me.
I still have not recieved my money back, this is because after not reciveing input from him I filed a clain aganst him with my bank. Once he found out about that he told me good luck getting my money back from them. I don't feel that if anyone has a vaild complaint against a company that should be concidered bashing IMHO.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:33 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Who is furyflyer2 from Edison? I'm from Edison and fly at the Edison field. Show yourself earthling!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.