Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

The games we play?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 06:00 PM
aimmaintenance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The games we play?

Just wanted to get some ideas of FLYING GAMES that everyone has seen or played.
For example I read somewhere here, The first plane to land after a song ends wins.
I've also heard of trying to pop helium balloons anchored to the ground by thread.
I was thinkin of several guys trying to chase a helium balloon before it gets away. (kinda like combat)
Anybody else have any games that you thought of or played?

The reason for this is that I was actually convinced to join a club that has about 25 members.
(I've always kinda been an RC recluse)
many of which are about my age and getting into spads.
A few of us were talkin about how to spice things up a notch.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:13 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: The games we play?

Be carefull with the first to do anything games. It makes for wreckless flying. I had a buy spread plane parts between my legs and my bosses because he was trying to be first to do a split S and didn't have the alt. Glad he hit the ground instead of us.

Streamers dogfighting is fun, let a balloon go with a 25 foot streamer and try to cut it as many times as you can is fun, limbo is fun, most spins is fun, give 30 seconds to climb and then shut it off and spin it. There are a bunch of them. Dogfighting is the most fun. Second is flying in formation.

Thats just me.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:18 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First team to build and fly a SPAD wins. No sub assemblies allowed
Old 02-07-2004, 06:45 AM
aimmaintenance

ORIGINAL: FLYBOY

Be carefull with the first to do anything games. It makes for wreckless flying. I had a buy spread plane parts between my legs and my bosses because he was trying to be first to do a split S and didn't have the alt. Glad he hit the ground instead of us.

Thats just me.
Careful is my middle name.

I like the streamer cutting idea.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:02 AM
DBCherry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poker is a good one. You need to set out 6 lines across the runway (or place markers at the edge, but the pilots have to be able to line up with them).

The space between the first 2 lines = 10, space between the next 2 = Jack, then Queen, King and Ace. Pilots have 5 touch and goes to develop the best "hand".

We allow pilots to go around if they're too high and would risk damaging the plane in order to touch down. Not re-starts allowed. If a prop strike kills your engine and you only have Jack, Queen, that's your hand.
Dennis-
Old 02-07-2004, 10:35 AM
J_R

Take a look at event 705, Competition Funfly. There are several events described:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/templat...ecialevent.PDF
Old 02-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Ace Bogie

Well i kind of started a game last week at my scale combat club

i guess i could call it Ground Cuts

you need alot of snow (powder snow) and a streamer that sticks out in the white snow (RED)

well i started this game with trying to cut a streamer that was in the field, while i was coming in for landing

well next round the low passes started trying to cut streamers on the ground

now alot of people amy say this is highly dangerus, but when you have 3-4 feet deep cushion lol what are you gona hurt!!!!

sooooo if you disagree with it,, to bad ... lol
Old 02-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Tattoo

One of my favorites (other than combat) is R/C bowling. Simple...set up plastic bowling pins. Tie a wiffle ball to about 30' or so of string to your airplane and have at it. This started one day when we were bored and got a fuel jug out of the trash can, put it on the runway, and tried knocking it over with low passes. All it took was for it to bounce back up just right into a plane (yep kersmash!) and we decided to go with the pins and ball...so the next time out, I stopped at Toys-r-Us and picked up a childrens bowling set. The pins like to blow over on windy days, but nothing a small hole in the top and some water can't fix. Just remind the pilots to watch the plane, not the ball
Old 02-08-2004, 01:49 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

If only there were some other 3D pilots at my club, I'd go for some formation 3D.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:26 AM
aimmaintenance

ORIGINAL: DBCherry

Poker is a good one. You need to set out 6 lines across the runway (or place markers at the edge, but the pilots have to be able to line up with them).

The space between the first 2 lines = 10, space between the next 2 = Jack, then Queen, King and Ace. Pilots have 5 touch and goes to develop the best "hand".

We allow pilots to go around if they're too high and would risk damaging the plane in order to touch down. Not re-starts allowed. If a prop strike kills your engine and you only have Jack, Queen, that's your hand.
Dennis-
How far apart do you make the lines?
Old 02-08-2004, 09:45 PM
DBCherry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly, it was only about 10 or 15 feet. Too far apart and everyone will be getting 5 Aces.
Dennis-
Old 02-08-2004, 10:39 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

you should 0 the ace strip after 4 to make it realistic