Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

COME ON WHAT THE HELL

Old 02-09-2004, 02:28 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COME ON WHAT THE HELL

Have you guys noticed the people selling there planes and equipment for more than what you can buy the product for new. come on now. what give's with this. Do they think were "STUPID" or what[>:].

This really urk's me[:@]. But im sure when these people want to buy something they want it for "FREE"

Just had to VENT.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:32 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: COME ON WHAT THE HELL

Depends on the format they sell. Is it built, or a kit? If built, they should be able to get their time and supplies out of it as well. There are a lot that try to get more than new price for some things, but all they can do is try. If they don't sell it, they will drop the price. What else can they do. Nothing wrong with trying.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:37 PM
MadScientist

Supply side economics. If you can get a higher price, good for you. If you paid a higher price, bad for you. If your stuff doesn't sell, it's priced too high. I've been to auctions where people buy junk for 10 times what it's worth. Go figure.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
FLYBOY

ORIGINAL: MadScientist

I've been to auctions where people buy junk for 10 times what it's worth. Go figure.

Me too, those are the kind I want to sell to. Unfortunately, they are never buying when I am selling. I won't buy things on auction if I can't save a bunch though.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:45 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I agree, but I'm also a hypocrit. I'm selling a used Alpha 4 for more than you can get it new (I'm selling it for what I paid for it). Normally, I wouldn't do this, but in my case, the market dictates the selling price... although I haven't had any offers

They are having the same discussion on a photography forum I was on this morning. It's the same everywhere.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why would someone spend $30 in quarters to win a $1 stuffed animal?

Why would someone spend hundreds of dollars for hunting equip/ license fees etc, when they can buy food at the grocery store much cheaper?

There's something in the human psyche that tells us that hunting and winning is good. Winning brings us pleasure.

You must learn to be careful of this. It is the instinct that salesmen prey on. [>:]
Old 02-09-2004, 05:38 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes the item is rare, not made anymore, hard to find, etc. and if the seller knows this he/she expects to be compensated for the enhanced value.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah man, I found this 40 size GP Extra out in the Marketplace...The model came with extra's, a fiber-tech cowl and wheel pant's along with carbon fiber landing gear...$300 for the whole bag...After spending 20 buck's on a next day air parcel for the check to cally, cause the gentleman needed the doe right away and I wanted the model which is cool, but .Then the model coming that way to here TN, take's a week and a half (so much for waisted overnight cost's)...I open the box and find out the cowl and wheel pant's are not painted and I NEVER would have bought this deal if I had known that...To have them paited RIGHT will cost($45) also' I split the postage with the guy ($35)...on top of all that (no-kidding) there is stuff missing out of the box...tank, motor mount, decal sheet and other small stuff...So you can see how I feel about this subject..[>:]

Anyway' turns out a $180 Great Plane's model cost me $400, add another $22 dollar's for the missing part's...It wont happen again...
Old 02-09-2004, 06:37 PM
DENNIS C

I agree with you guy's, but the products i see are not hard to find at all. mostly engines and planes and some electronic's.
Its like people are selling stuff for 50.00 and i can buy it at my LHS for 45.00

When i sell something here i ask a fair price i dont except to get rich on selling my stuff i just want to off it. cause i dont have a need for it anymore
Old 02-09-2004, 11:08 PM
aimmaintenance

I kinda see what your sayin but if someone is willing to pay me my askin price that is over and above retail then I'm surely gonna let em.
I'm lookin at it like this.
Ya got an old car that you'd like to get $500 out of. Ya ask $750 expectin a buyer to try to talk ya down.
He gets ya to $500 (you get what ya want)(he thinks he screwed ya out of $250)
Your both happy!
makes the world go round.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:31 PM
daven

If I could find one of Fred Reese's travel air mystery ship kits I would pay twice the original price. Unfortunately, no one seems to have any of these left around.

Supply will always dictate price.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:08 AM
CafeenMan

If it costs more it must be better? Where can I buy some?!?!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

The answer to the original question is: YES, they do think we're that stupid.

The funny part is, some of us are that stupid! I say good for the seller if he can get the money.

Someone used Buy-it-now on ebay recently to pay $200 for a NIB OS .26 Surpass.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:51 AM
FLYBOY

It all depends on what you are buying. Paying over retail for something at an auction that you can get everyday ordering from tower is pretty dumb really. If someone does that, it is really thier own fault for not doing the research. Tuition is expensive, they just bought a little more knowledge.

Things I have paid way too much for are things like the Goldberg RC shoestring. Looked for them for 10 years. All of a sudden, started finding them on ebay. Pay anywhere from $75 for kits missing parts to $225 for pristine kits. Bought 12 of them all in all. One had the original $27 price tag on it. Try to find one for that. It isn't going to happen.

I have seen cox P-40 Warhawks sell for upwards of $400. They were $20 new. Figure that one out. I paid too much for the few I have, but I have never lost money on one when I sold it.

Stuff you can't get, people will pay for. Engines that are still made, do a little looking around and if you can buy it for a lot less at auction, go for it, otherwise, leave it to the ones that don't do the research. They are paying extra stupidity tuition. They will learn eventually though.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:36 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could tell you about the Pilot Bucker Jungman kit I bought. I looked for 3 years--found one-- offered the guy $50 less than his outragous price. He sold it within 30 minutes. Found a second one a year later and did not argue with the price. Anyway paid a ton to have it built and sold it after 5 flights. I suppose I am one of those crazies.
BOTTOM LINE----If it is something special, I expect to pay a "special" price. Otherwise, I agree-- these folks are wacko
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22239.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	99473  
Old 02-10-2004, 11:40 AM
CafeenMan

ORIGINAL: AJF--2

I could tell you about the Pilot Bucker Jungman kit I bought. I looked for 3 years--found one-- offered the guy $50 less than his outragous price. He sold it within 30 minutes. Found a second one a year later and did not argue with the price. Anyway paid a ton to have it built and sold it after 5 flights. I suppose I am one of those crazies.
BOTTOM LINE----If it is something special, I expect to pay a "special" price. Otherwise, I agree-- these folks are wacko
Ya know.... if you put on larger wheels, you could probably get a bigger prop on it.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:25 PM
DENNIS C

LOL.... you guy's are missing the point im trying to make here. Sure if it's a hard to find kit or even a rare kit sure your going to pay a perimum price for it. Its just like N.O.S.( new old stock). car part's your going to pay a ton for this stuff. One time i restored a 70 challanger R/T for a friend of mine. and we needed a set of 1/4 panel's for this car. so i found a set of N.O.S. 1/4's that were welded on a car and taken off of it. They cost $1400.00 for the pair and $ 400.00 To drive to virgina to pick them up. $1800.00 total.
THAT'S INSANE. me myself i would'nt pay that kind of money. but that's what he wanted.

Like they say there's a ass for every seat.

Im just saying most of the stuff for sale i see here. i can buy at my L.H.S for LESS$$$$

Ami missing something here[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 02-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Crashem

No bodyman your point is not missed. However something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it and I personnally never had a buyer say "your price is too low so I'll give you x number of dollars more". If the item is over priced move on!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 01:52 PM
DENNIS C

ORIGINAL: Crashem

No bodyman your point is not missed. However something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it and I personnally never had a buyer say "your price is too low so I'll give you x number of dollars more". If the item is over priced move on!!!
Exactly
Old 02-10-2004, 03:24 PM
forfun42us

Fair Market Value=willing seller + willing buyer!

It's a simple as that!
Old 02-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Yes, some people can sell shoes to a snake. Most RC stuff goes really low, especially at shows. A lot of the time that is justified because the stuff is well used. Problem is when you are trying to sell well cared for RC stuff, no one will pay for it. Everyone offers you prices like your stuff is junk. Oh well.....
Old 02-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Low Wing

Just because you can do something does'nt make it right...not for one minute...we can't just expect everyone else to do the right thing...some of you people make me sick...sorry' but your tapping on what's wrong with this world..."If I can get it, I'll take it" do you people have a conscience??? There was a guy at are field who was allway's getting more for his stuff...doing deals that just were wrong...Funny thing... he started crashing model's...call it what you want...I call it Karma baby...what goes around come's around...
Old 02-10-2004, 08:24 PM
Live Wire

You know PT Barnum said their is a sucker born every day. And I'm one. If you are a newbie and dont't know the price , you are the one these people are looking for. Check around and find INFO. then sitck your neck out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:58 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Caveat Emptor.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Low Wing

El plur da OL pudalawa

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.