Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Bomb Names

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bomb Names

Who in hell let the Air Force be the ones to name bombs? Here we are at war with Iraq and I look on the news and hear they are firing SCUD missiles at us. YEoooh, SCUD just sounds bad. If you knew a scud was headed your way you would be scared. I look in the paper and the bomb that is referred to as a Palace Buster is really an updated "Daisy Cutter" WHAT! I can see Bush telling Saddam we are going to use Daisy Cutters on you if you don't give up. And if you really piss us off we will resort to tulip benders and pansey swatters. Please, you can come up with the most lethal bombs but let the Army or Marines name it. Even the Navy has Tomahawk Missiles for now, until the same people protesting the Washington Redskins get their way. Anybody have any particular names in mind that we should send to Washington for bombs? How about the tank slammer or the meat grinder!
Old 03-20-2003, 10:49 PM
daveopam

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Bomb Names

To get Sadam, a Pansey Swatter dosn't sound to bad. What about Sadamonator? Or Fullofcrapinator?
Might as well name it after the guy we are trying to get. If there wasn't any kids on this sight I could give you some more. later daveo
Old 03-21-2003, 11:53 AM
PROP-WASH
My Feedback: (1)

Default Bomb Names

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] yea like daveo said i could rip off some names for them but this is a family site. [LOL]
Old 03-21-2003, 12:40 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default Bomb Names

Name them all after flowers. They are meant to bring about peace anyways... And I like teh idea of 'misleading names', especially for the 'smart challenged'

"Oh look hunny, those nice American are dropping daisies, petunias, and carnations on those poor Abracadakis.. Who said they were at war?! What a nice jesture, floweing thier streets.." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No?
Old 03-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Phaeton

Default Bomb Names

What about the MOAB? Massive Ordinance Air Burst a.k.a. Mother Of All Bombs. or the Bunker Buster? Besides most bombs in the air force don't have names.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:37 PM
chik magnet

Default Bomb Names

How bout the old names for the nukes that were dropped on hiroshima and nagasaki.You know FAT MAN and LITTLE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!How about summoner,day ender,mind bender,or terminator.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Postal FLyer

Default We're Saved

I have been doing some checking and we can rest assured that we have some kick-ass names for our weapons but I had to go to the Navy, Army, and Marines So here we go:
These ones I have fired when I was in the Army - DRAGON wire guided bipod, shoulder fired antitank later generation of the TOW, LAW light antitank weapon, everybody has fired a LAW, AT4 - replaced the 90MM recoiless rifle which we used for many years.

Air to Air - SPARROW (hmm sounds like a lightweight), SIDEWINDER ( now were getting somewhere) AMRAMM ( AM ramming this up your....), Pheonix (Legendary bird of fire).

Air to Surface - HELLFIRE (Yeah Baby!) , BRIMSTONE (Getting Hotter), MAVERICK (this baby doesn't horse around)

Surface to Air - HAWK ( Oldie but goodie) , STINGER shoulder launched or complete system, PATRIOT ( Now Pac-3) famous SCUD BUSTER. "Who you gonna call".

Anti-Radar - SHRIKE and HARM not bad

Antiship - HARPOON, HARPOON BLOCKII, PENGUIN

Cruise Missiles - FASTHAWK , TOMAHAWK, SEA SLAM.

Old 03-26-2003, 12:59 PM
00hex

Default We're Saved

Those are good ones...
...except for "Penguin". Can you imagine talking about attacking someone with Hellfires and Sidewinders and Dragons... and Penguins?