Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

BEWARE/ rcsites.net

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 09:27 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE/ rcsites.net

I don't know if this is the right forum to sound off, and if it isn't, I hope the moderators will move it to where it belongs. While going through the electric forums, I've come across a few links to www.rcsites.net/*****. I'm glad to see that some people have had good luck with RCSites.net. That has not been my experience. A few months ago my club asked me to set up a website and to find a free or no cost server. I came across RCSites.net and thought it looked OK and my club authorized me to upgrade for $25.00. Of coarse RCSites.net had no problems accepting our money, it just took 2 attempts over about a 3 week period to get our site upgraded. By the time we got the upgrade, we found another place to start our website that was more to our liking, so I e mailed RCSites.net asking that I be removed from his site and to please refund my clubs money. I guess you can figure out the rest; haven't heard a thing from RCSites.net. If you go to www.rcsites.net and look under the bronze members you will find 2 sites that are supposed to be mine. One is titled GWRO, that's the first one that they supposedly couldn't upgrade because of technical problems, but now it is upgraded(?). The second attempt is titled CJWBrc. If you go to this site and click on either of these, you will of coarse see nothing because this is still not the place for us. I'd still like a refund but I'm not expecting anything from these people, I just thought I'd tell others about my problem with this site and that they should avoid it. I just got a new computer and moved up to DSL, so the address and any link to me from the RCSites.net site will shortly become invalid. There are other free sites out there that are more than willing to help you and they're the ones you should take your business too. Thank you. GWR
Old 02-17-2004, 07:20 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: BEWARE/ rcsites.net

Oh yeah! rcsites.net, part of ********.net. I would be very leary of doing business with this group. I have personally been made aware that their word means nothing.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

If you truely want the best price hosting...

www.gisol.com

another great place, probably even still overkill for your club would be www.ipowerweb.com
Old 02-17-2004, 10:15 PM
aimmaintenance

Let me get this straight. Even though it took some time to upgrade your site they did it. Shortly there after you decided against it. Now you want your money back. ($25 whole dollars)

If you asked me to replace your kitchen sink then decided after I was done that you didn't like it, should I give you your money back?
Old 02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
kool1

Sounds like to me that it's a "Done Deal". No refund
Old 02-17-2004, 10:59 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is owned by ********.net I'll put my 2 cents in.

Normally I make it a point not to say anything about anybody who would be deemed a competitor as it is in poor taste but rcsites isn't a competitor to RCU since we don't do webhosting. ******** is owned by David Smith and all I can do is warn users here to steer clear from him and any site he owns, runs or is affiliated with. If you don't heed the original posters advice or mine then proceed at your own risk.

NUFF SAID!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:09 AM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Thank you Marc, for phrasing it the way I really wanted to.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
rc247

Looks to me like both sites are there and upgraded. So if I understand this correctly... you had one website which supposedly wasn't upgraded.. but you decided to buy a second one when you weren't happy with the first?

Call me confused.

Bill
Old 02-18-2004, 11:31 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

I think most of us know there is no love lost between ******** and rc universe. I have met dave and he seemed like a nice guy. Different phiosophies, I dont think bad mouthing is in order.

If I buy a new car and a month later change my mind do you think they would take it back.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Crashem

RCADMIN,

After reading your response. I must say I'm suprised you would stoop so low...[]

I have a question for you since you run a commercial site.... If I upgrade my membership then 1 or two 2 weeks later change my mind will you refund my money???[][]

Sounds to me that the original poster is being slightly unrealistic by his own admission the work was performed yet he wants a refund because HE found another site that was better to his liking. Then jumps on this site and trashes another site!!!!

Maybe paying RCU members should ask for refunds and post the responses right here that should be worth a few laughs
Old 02-19-2004, 11:52 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

A couple posts say that this is a done deal, but is sounds like RCSites NEVER performed the service? Or if they did, it was not what was expected?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Crashem

I came across RCSites.net and thought it looked OK and my club authorized me to upgrade for $25.00. Of coarse RCSites.net had no problems accepting our money, it just took 2 attempts over about a 3 week period to get our site upgraded. By the time we got the upgrade, we found another place to start our website that was more to our liking, so I e mailed RCSites.net asking that I be removed from his site and to please refund my clubs money.

ScottRc,

Check out the bolded text seems to me that they got the upgrade and found a different site at about the same time.

After reading that... Do you think a refund is inorder?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:38 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup! They took too long. Three weeks to do a ten minute job. I would have suspected of being scammed.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

I want to say something here so bad...
Old 02-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

This really is not appropriate to discuss at RCU so I'm going to close it now.