Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

"DOC" needs our help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 02:25 PM
KansasBill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "DOC" needs our help

Who is DOC? DOC is a World War II Boeing B-29 that is being completely rebuilt at the Boeing plant in Wichita Kansas. You can check out the details of this amazing project at the site > http://b-29.boeing.com/ <

The plan is to have DOC re-assembled by the end of this year. Right now if you read the info on the website, they need volunteers. Of course they could also use donations. I just happened to think what a wonderful gesture it would be if modelers from around the world could throw a couple bucks in an envelope for old DOC, or visit their merchandise store and buy a hat or T-shirt. Better still if their are any AP guys out their how are looking for something to do now that they are retired, make a trip to Wichita and volunteer for awhile.

I for one can hardly wait to see DOC left his wheels off the runway. I plan to make the trip to Wichita for the event. Others of the modeling community should do the same. Just think, we have two flying B-29's DOC and FIFI. Could love be far off and little baby B-29's be in the future................

As modelers let's pitch in and give Boeing and all the volunteers a hand. What a wonderful piece of American aviation history.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:27 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "DOC" needs our help

Good thought Bill. I looked at the site earlier this year. What a
nice way to honor our WWII veterans that are leaving us at too
high of a rate.

Randy