Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

KIDS AT THE CONTROLS

Old 02-16-2004, 05:40 PM
hoverVT
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KIDS AT THE CONTROLS

Has any one got any pics of there kids flying or may just dreaming they are as is the case with my 3 yr old at the controls of my venture 30
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77557.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	101795  
Old 02-16-2004, 07:34 PM
iflynething

Default RE: KIDS AT THE CONTROLS

Holy CRAP man.......I have seen the ad in Model Aviation about the warbirds that even a 3 year old can fly......but NEVER IN MY LIFE a 3 YEAR old flying a freakin HELICOPTER.....are you sure??.......HEHEHE......VERY GOOD.......
Old 02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Hey, the kid needs a tray!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:29 AM
twostroker
My Feedback: (37)

I can not get my 6 and 7 year olds to stand in one place long enough to get a picture of them, period. Does your boy wear lead boots to hold him in one place.

The tray is a good idea.

Tim
Old 02-17-2004, 07:41 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My son started at age 6. Now that he is 12, he is better than me and I been at it for 30 plus years. Damn Play Station's!!!! Good luck, Dave
Old 02-17-2004, 08:15 AM
hoverVT
My Feedback: (14)

My boy is just fascinated with airplanes and just loves to help me out on the sim during the winter months and it is way cheaper for me because his idea of a good flight is a spectacular crash but I figure he will out grow that , I HOPE
Old 02-17-2004, 11:51 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spencer flew a clubmates balsa usa trainer at 18 mo, two perfect circuts then said " I crash now" and went to nose her in. Luckly we got the tranny away first but he did the deal that early on a real plane not the sim. He is great on sims, it is alot of fun to take him to a shop that doesn't know him and watch the look on peoples face when he takes off and lands mustangs and extras. I am working with him regularly on a trainer cord and a superstar with a .46 FX. He is no Chip Hyde but he is a great flying buddy. We also build and fly rockets.

Spence will be 5 on March 4th.

Name:	Yw67018.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	102021  
Old 02-17-2004, 03:11 PM
iflynething

WOW......I hope that Spencer turns out just like everyone else and sticks with this hobby.......

I really hope that when and if I have kids then they will be interested in this hobby of mine. I need someone to help me later on and to be a flying buddy....

If I hadn't of got into this, I wouldn't have known that my dad actually built a glider FROM SCRATCH in 2 years.....Now since I have gotten addicted, me and him make stuff better.....(manufactures don't tweak stuff and make them of high standards, so we find out a way for like and engine to perform better!!)
Old 02-17-2004, 08:34 PM
EC120

oops didn't mean to reply.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 PM
platero

my 9 years old daughter is my partner in hobby. She fly a trainer take off landing and some looping too, when the airplane is in the looping my heart too[]
Old 02-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Hobbies for Fun
My Feedback: (4)

My 4 year old daughter loves flying. I am in the process of building her a Barbie trainer. All pink/purple with Barbie graphics all over it.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:25 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[X(] A 3 year old flying a heli... boy do I feel inadequate.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:33 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When Spence flys we have about the first half tank dedicated to doing loops (his favorite part of flight), then we work on actual controlled flight. He is like me though he enjoys the build nearly as much as the flight, especially the rockets.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:07 AM
Dave Matthews

Damn ! ! ! . . . . . and this was Me when I was 3 back in 1971 . . .. . . . . . I had enough fun just trying to just paint the buggers.

Name:	Fd93437.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	102679  
Old 02-20-2004, 10:21 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am starting my nephew now. Well, he'll be my nephew in a couple of months after I marry his Aunt ;-)!!! He is ten years old, attentive and calm. He knows how to give attention and learns quickly in spite of the languange difficulty (he only speaks French and I am not really good at language). I hope he has lots of fun but I can see something more in his character so if he desires, I will train him in F3A also. For a ten year old he has quite a bit of discipline and a serious attitude for learning.

As soon as I marry my fiance and finish the bedroom (we want a studio under the roof) we shall make (have, construct...er...concieve) our very own children and I sincerely hope that they too will have an interest in flying. My fiance has a real interest too and is hot to learn. A dream of mine is a flying family. I surely won't push, but I might give a gentle nudge. If the interest is there then I shall support it 100%.

Tonight, we will begin assembling (me, my fiance and nephew together) a new trainer for them. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks they will be flying with me on the weekends.

Mark
Old 02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
EagleOne

ORIGINAL: iflynething

Holy CRAP man.......I have seen the ad in Model Aviation about the warbirds that even a 3 year old can fly......but NEVER IN MY LIFE a 3 YEAR old flying a freakin HELICOPTER.....are you sure??.......HEHEHE......VERY GOOD.......
I guess this proves that helicopters aren't stuff from out of this world to fly...........
Old 02-20-2004, 02:30 PM
iflynething

ORIGINAL: EagleOne

ORIGINAL: iflynething

I guess this proves that helicopters aren't stuff from out of this world to fly...........
That is exactly right.........actually I'm a little bit older but I'm about to get a helicopter probably next year in the spring....we all have to learn sometime right...
Old 02-20-2004, 03:14 PM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

My six yr old can fly any thing on my Sim. But he too shows a tendancy to enjoy having them go in. Gets a thrill from it. Patience man, patience.