Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

flying and broken limbs

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 04:38 PM
chrisdodge65
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flying and broken limbs

What is a guy to do when he wants to go flying with a broken ankle and a 10 pound cast on up to his knee?
Old 06-05-2002, 04:54 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hmmmm...

As far back as I can remember, I don't recall anyone flying R/C with their feet. Get a ride to the field and have at it!
Old 06-05-2002, 06:56 PM
GelCell

time to break out the chaise lounge!
Old 06-05-2002, 07:06 PM
robert

Get your flying buddies feel guilty, by saying how much you miss flying, and how everything reminds you of it. Then, get them to bring you out!
Old 06-05-2002, 07:31 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tore ligaments in my ankle a while back cast up to my knee for 3 weeks, still hobbled out to the field, drove a stick, and sat in hot tubs. Its no biggie, just keep doing what you like doing.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:36 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Broken ankle - no big deal!

Six years ago this weekend, on a Sunday, I CDd an event for one of the clubs I belong to. Not much happened - it rained and we called it off. So, off I went off to the new house we were moving into on Thursday. Did some work, ate dinner, and went outside to clean the gutters before we left. Fell and broke both arms. Not only did that prevent me from flying, it stopped me from bunches of other things - stuff you need to do to get by every day. About six or seven weeks later, my buddies helped me take my 1/3 Spacewalker to our Giant scale event that I also CD. They set it up, started it and let me fly. After about 8 minutes, I couldn't hold the Tx up any longer - it weighed too much. Larry landed it but at least I got to fly. Needless to say, that whole summer was a bust as far as flying goes. So, for a broken ankle, I got no sympathy - at least you can go to the john by yourself.

Dan
Old 06-06-2002, 11:10 AM
chrisdodge65

WOW Dan,you certainly have my sympathy.What the hell am I complaining about.I heard enough.Please close thread and thank you all for the ideas.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:44 PM
gone.

Default What to Do?

BUILD
Old 06-10-2002, 11:17 PM
chrisdodge65

I'am building Dean"aka Cubman".The Fazer I once owned,then you owned it,now I own it.And someday you will have it.(whats left of it)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!