Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

North East Sailplanes is a Bad Company

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

North East Sailplanes is a Bad Company

Old 02-21-2004, 08:30 PM
chaiclis2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North East Sailplanes is a Bad Company

I sent back a defective motor and a LiPo battery with wires they were way to small, they received the items on 1/27/2004 and I still do not have any credit on my account, even though I e-mailed them ; with no reply, and called them and they said it would be taken care of.

When I said, that the wire is 18ga. and it is to small the answer I got was: "so what!" and when I said that the AXI electric motor scratches inside and locks up she said they are all like that!

I ordered a plane from them and they sent it minus the motor, gave me $10.00 off the price, and I asked them to sent the motor, so they did, but charged me $ 20.00 plus shipping. So now the $10.00 motor costs me $25.00!!

And I still do not have my money back in the account after almost 4 weeks.

I will call the police Dept in Colchester and hopefully they will help.

You can buy all the stuff they sell better at honest dealers. Don't buy from North east sailplanes.

I bought another AXI motor from ESPRIT.COM and a LI-Po battery with no problem. they are friendly and helpful.

Greetings Rudolf.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: North East Sailplanes is a Bad Company

your about the 20th or so person ive heard compalin about them on RCU.. its a shame there are companies out there like this[:@]
Old 02-22-2004, 11:16 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

I've been wanting to try a DLG this year, and had been planning on buying from NES. Having read this thread and the one from January, I think I'll be spending my money elsewhere. Thanks for saving me some trouble!
Old 02-22-2004, 11:27 PM
chaiclis2002

NE sailplane Products even charged me for two batteries, but sent me only one and the other was on backorder. so I paid for it and they never even had it.

I will try again and call them and may have to call the Colchester Plolice Dept. also.

Greetings Rudolf.