Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RCU WRAM Show Coverage...!

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU WRAM Show Coverage...!

Old 02-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Larry Eddy
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU WRAM Show Coverage...!

The 2004 WRAM show was the first time that RCUniverse has exhibited and we are very glad that we did. Hard as it is to believe, for every one person who came up to us that was a member of the site, there were 3 who have never heard of RCUniverse. How they survive in this hobby is beyond me! Each night we would leave the show very excited about the potential new membership that has yet to make way to the site - a sure sign that RCU will just keep getting better and better.

Together with Marc Vigod and Larry Eddy, we scoured the show to provide you with information, photos, and video interviews with vendors to give you a virtual tour in case you could not attend.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=312]CLICK HERE[/link] to Check out the Article and Video Interviews
by RCU's very own Erick Royer and Marc Vigod!

Check out the video interviews with:
[ul][*]Mike Mayberry- Hitec[*] Dave Patrick- Dave patrick Models[*]Bubba- Lanier RC[*]Don Kanak- Planes Plus[*]Jamie Marks- FMA Direct[*]Sal- Northeast Sailplane Products[*]Mike Dooley- RC Showcase[*]and the Guys of Quick Heli and Giant Scale Planes
[/ul]
Old 02-28-2004, 11:22 AM
BaronSchwab

Default RE: RCU WRAM Show Coverage...!

Thats great. The last thing we need are more members to stirrrrrr up to pot!! [X(]

(yes, how did they survive?) But we at RCU may scare them out!
Old 03-01-2004, 01:29 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting article! I hope to be there next year if time allows!

On a side note: I see in the pics that Marc interviwed the guy from GSP. Did he get a chance to take up the customer service issue that many RCU'ers have exp'ed with him and his company? Would love some of GSP's planes but wont give tem oney until they fix their problems and change their attitudes.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:50 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: DiabloKid

interesting article! I hope to be there next year if time allows!

On a side note: I see in the pics that Marc interviwed the guy from GSP. Did he get a chance to take up the customer service issue that many RCU'ers have exp'ed with him and his company? Would love some of GSP's planes but wont give tem oney until they fix their problems and change their attitudes.
Aside from the interview I didn't get a chance to spend any time with Irwin during the show. I did have dinner with Dave Patrick and suggested that we setup a support forum for him here on RCU to address some of the issues they have had in the past. He did agree so I'm just waiting on the green light from him to get it rolling.

marc
Old 03-02-2004, 02:39 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

good to hear progress was made and thanks for thinking of us here

matt
Old 03-02-2004, 06:39 PM
jboy381-RCU

i'm glad you did the interview with FMA... i really like there products...there are out running everyone with rx line of products...i have two of the M5 rx's...they are fab-u-louis...

john
Old 03-02-2004, 10:12 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

as being in the hobby for almost 20 years,, i have attended the WRAM show about 15 times. it seems over the past several years the show had died off alittle, lost some big names, ie; Sig, Yellow aircraft and a many others. i went this year again, on friday, and i must say it has been one of the better shows i have been too, first off it was great to see RCU there, and to talk with them, but i did notice, to me, it seemed there were some other companies there that i have never seem before, but use thier products, and i took my time talking with most of them, the only thing that disappointed me was that , Robart was the only company showing a turbine, where was Jet Cat, Sim Jet. Planes Plus was there, where was thier jet products?
maybe next year there will be more turbine booths there, maybe even seminars.

as always, just my thoughts

mark
Old 03-03-2004, 09:58 AM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

I think that many of them are saving their pennys for Toledo. I met Jerry Nelson four years ago at the first WRAM show I went too. I was building a 1/4 scale Cub and we talked paint and covering. I ended up using both from him. When I spoke to him in 2002 about coming again, he said he wouldn't be, with business off (in the wake of 9/11), he simply couldn't afford to make the trip across the country and needed to save for Toledo.
Interesting that Yellow (from Mass.) didn't go tho..... It's not such a trip for him.