Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES...I do get withdrawal symptons if I cannot fly regularly!
71.11%
NO... it doesn't bother me if I cannot fly regularly!
28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Does it bother you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Mac-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does it bother you?

If you cannot fly due to adverse weather conditions does this make you irritable, edgy and moody? Do you get withdrawal symptons, kick the cat and snap at others until your model flying weather returns?[8D]
Old 03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does it bother you?

Yes I do, and that's not a good thing we're I'm living.

I belong to two clubs, and they both have long dirt access roads leading into the flying sites. During the winter months when there's snow on the ground, we can't get into them. (Unless you want to walk carrying all your stuff. 1/2 mile for one about 3 miles for the other.)

Went to one of the fileds today though, and even though the road is real muddy, may be flying there this weekend if the weatehr holds!
Dennis-
Old 03-01-2004, 07:17 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

You know it use to bother me but heck I've been in this 52 years now and if I can't go fly for some reason I just say ok and go to the shop or something. sometimes I go to the LHS and have coffee with the guys.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:35 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moody whose moody? I don't kick the dog or walk on the cat, but the wife banishes me to my work shop regularly during the winter. Says she can't wait for spring! Seriously though it gets really bad when you find yourself daydreaming about flying the perfect snap then go inverted into an outside loop. Man I got this bad.

John
Old 03-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Ptarmigan

Yes, especially if its a windy day and it is clear. Windy days can ruin a perfectly good day. I was suppose to learn to land over the weekend it was windy. I hate wind! [:@][:@]
Old 03-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Technito20

Aww. C'mon. 52 years of flying. I been flying a couple of years now and heavy wind makes everything a lot more challenging and super fun. Windy days are beginners worst nightmares, I can be at the flying field and I would be the only one who is brave enough to go up in severe winds. All the club members just sit there and watch me. (What a shame) One thing is true though, you can never learn to fly in severe winds if you never did it before. But you should try it out, it's fun.

P.S. First try it out on a plane you don't mind breaking if you lose control. (And oh, definetly not a trainer plane either)
Old 03-01-2004, 11:34 PM
aimmaintenance

As long as I don't run out of beer the weather doesn't bother me a bit.

Ohhh,,, thats right "flyin"

No I don't get too edgy. I just miss the the "after crash cocktail!"
Old 03-02-2004, 01:10 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

I'm dangerous when i haven't flown in 2 weeks or more
Old 03-02-2004, 07:45 AM
ausheli

thats what clubhouses are for at least we can still go to our club and sit around and talk ever hopeful that the little piece of blue sky on the horizon will float over our way
Old 03-02-2004, 09:09 AM
BaronSchwab

I'm dangerous when i haven't flown in 2 weeks or more
Huh? What was that? Oh I know...the "I-haven't-flown-in-a-couple-weeks-syndrome." Yes very dangerous.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:34 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!!! NO IT DOESN"T BOTHER ME AT ALL! I AM AS SANE AS EVER! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?

Yes, the winter months do try my patience. I have done the building thing, but am working in a garage without much heat. Just one of those kerosene heaters. After a couple of hours, I go inside and fly my simulator, read magazines, go to the LHS, buy stuff. NO IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:41 AM
beardking

No, what REALLY gets under my skin is when the weekend (my only time to fly) is crappy and rainy and windy and altogether horrible. Then Monday rolls along and a perfectly wonderful day to fly. 70 degrees, no wind, sunny just downright perfectly wonderful, and I'm trapped here at my mind numbing a flying skills killing office. THAT gets to me a lot.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:07 AM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No, what bothers me is when every time I can fly the weather's crappy, but when I can't fly due to work, or other commitments, it's a GORGEOUS DAY!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 10:21 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I go crazy if I can't do it for real. Then I have to resort to magazines, videos, or the internet to satisfy me.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:47 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SCOTT....Is that a photo of your dog? If he is anything like the dog I had, just take him to the nearest lake or stream and throw airplane parts. You know the extra pieces you have laying around from that last crash because on a windy day!!! I do get kinda edgey when I cannot fly. Noboby aroud here will fly unless its perfect....and of course they or I do not have something already planned for us by our W I F E.[:-]
Old 03-02-2004, 11:00 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

He chases anything that moves and loves to catch RC cars. He's the club's official "Balsa Retriever". Some guys train their dogs for quail, duck, pheasant, or grouse. Mine is trained for 100% fine South American grade balsa.
He's also very good at pointing out lost airplanes.
Since a lot of us are into electrics, I'll be looking for a school to train him in hunting for foamies next.
So, when I can't fly and have to excercise the dog, I train him to be useful at the field.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:49 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is your club field near a interstate Highway? When we head South from Mich, it would be fun to stop and visit at the flying field. How about fishing? Any good places near? Love that too. Thanks Capt,n