Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

It's Good To Be Back...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Gdolboy3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Good To Be Back...

Well, everyone, I just got back from a 6 Month Voyage aboard USS ENTERPRISE. I had came to Virginia a few years ago, and joined the club right after my last cruise. So I've been a member for about 2 years now. I flew R/C before I came in the Navy, but took a break to get settled in VA, and do my first cruise. Getting back a couple of weeks ago, and seeing my wife was wonderful. That was the best part. Now that I'm settled, I got some time away to visit my old buddies at my Club Field. It was outstanding. One of the members that took me in when I first joined had a Avistar all fueled up and ready to fly when I got there to make sure I still "Had it". It felt like I was flying for the first time all over, the only difference was I had an idea about what to do with the sticks After that first flight, with a couple of touch and goes, I am very excited about this season. I left for my cruise after crashing my only airplane. A Tiger 60. Just one of those thing I guess. I had been flying the model for almost a good year, and was really looking forward to getting something else to build when I got back and was looking forward to having my Tiger to Fly till I finished my next project. No biggie, I got a new kit coming (a GP Shoestring Racer). What I'm really thankful of is having a great club with some awfully good people who were looking out for me while I was away by keeping in touch with E-mail, and keeping me on the Club roster. It seems this hobby attracts some of the best folks I've ever known. I even notice that here on RCU with everyone offering their help with almost anything. I couldn't be more proud of this sport, and the folks who make it fun, clean, and very exciting. Thanks especially for the Friendship. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30109.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	111457  
Old 03-15-2004, 12:26 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: It's Good To Be Back...

Welcome home sailor, job well done!!!! I do know how good it feels to come home so enjoy and get some much needed rest and other good stuff!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:59 AM
BaronSchwab

Its always good to get back to the hobby.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:29 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome home Swabbie!

Last time I saw the Entrprise, it was at my base in San Diego (And it was a few years younger!)

Glad to hear you've got a plane on the way!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:35 AM
BaronSchwab

Gdolboy3 is the one back, not me. Thanks any way.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:54 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gdolboy,
Welcome home! And many thanks from me for serving your country. None of us should ever forget the sacrifice you're making to keep this country free.
Dennis-
Old 03-16-2004, 12:57 PM
donhef

Welcome Home Petty Officer! Hope you had fun on the last deployment. Last time I saw Enterprise, she was sitting off the coast of Bahrain. I was attached to COMMIDEASTFOR in the TFCC at that time. Now Retired (E-6) and enjoying learing to fly R/C w/an Avistar also. God luck w/the Shoestring!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:25 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks Gdolboy! You being over there let's us still here keep flying.
Good luck with your Shoestring. It looks like a fun plane.

David
Old 03-16-2004, 09:36 PM
cknaack
My Feedback: (1)

It's good to have you back sailor. Your picture brings back fond memories of my Marine Corps days. The last time I saw the scene in your picture was when we were returning from Beirut.

This is a great hobby, with great people like you who have sacrificed so much to serve your country.

Thanks for your service.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Gdolboy3

Well, it's been 2 weeks and the wife is happy I'm home, but definately ready for me to go back to work , Lucky for her my Shoestring got here today, so I'm toiling away. I'm hoping I can get it finished to get in the air this weekend.

Thanks for the kind works everyone

Check out this "Mess" [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92821.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	112335  
Old 03-17-2004, 05:04 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

That's the best mess though. Welcome back sailor. I am sure you will be having a great time with the Avistar.

Good luck!