Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Other people's ideas

Old 03-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other people's ideas

I have some very good construction ideas in the form of scanned drawing and digital pictures from another modeler. This was a very good modeler who had many followers who praised his ideas (like myself). He also had many enemies who didn't like his somewhat arrogant style.

Unfortunately, his enemies got the most of him and now his internet presence is gone from RCU and his website was taken down. The reason for his departure is mostly unknown. But I remember reading that he was tired of sharing his ideas to the internet community allowing them to reap the benefits, only to have the same internet community blast him for his style. I imagine he thinks it is a "thankless service" to share his ideas to the internet community.

Now, I'm holding on to these files he sent to me personally. And the ideas on these files are too good to keep to myself, especially when there is a call out for them. But if I share these files, he probably wouldn't like it. Then again, he's not here anymore to police the distribution of his files.

Should I share them, or should I keep them?

Juice
Old 03-18-2004, 03:07 PM
J_R

Default RE: Other people's ideas

Maybe it is just me, but I think you should ask him if you can share them.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Juice

He can't be reached. When he left RCU, his global internet presence also disappeared.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

I think I know who you are talking about and I think I can still reach him. PM me and we can discuss it. I certainly wouldn't give out his ideas without his permission.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

And just how can you truly be sure they were his ideas to begin with. Airplane building tips have been coming out in magazines for countless years. The idea of sharing ideas freely is what the RC boards are all about. Sounds like your aquaintance had some personality issues. If your worried about it just sit on them and only give it out via PM to a specific topic. Then if it gets passed along it wasnt your fault.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:22 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

How about an example of one of these tips? They could be tips we have seen countless times. If they are unique and truely his own........well they're not doing any good if no one sees them, except for you.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:29 AM
scottrc

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Share them