Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Pleas Rate "Precision Cut Kits."

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.
View Poll Results: A poll
Poor
16.67%
good
0%
Excellent
83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Pleas Rate "Precision Cut Kits."

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 09:32 PM
CheezeyPoof
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pleas Rate "Precision Cut Kits."

Last fall I was sniffing around this company eyeballing the giant Shoestring. My only drawback was the lack of a canopy and cowl which to me is a biggie. So plan B was the Pacific GeeBee Y which is by all accounts a super plane but the Shoestring is still chewing away at me.
I guess my general question is for those who have bult their kits is what do you think of them overall? Thanks
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Pleas Rate "Precision Cut Kits."

I doubt you'll get much response from this poll. Precision Cut Kits does not sell full kits, only laser cut wood. You will need to buy the plans from the designer and then you can get the parts from PCK. Many designers offer the fiberglass parts or will direct you to someone who sells them (usually Stan's Fibertech). PCK has a very good reputation and building from plans with laser cut wood is a good way to end up with a quality plane. You should contact them and find out who's the designer of the Shoestring they offer and ask around about that particular plane.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:42 PM
CheezeyPoof
Banned

So what your saying here is they sell the wood to build only the plane itself, no canopy, cowl, hardware, wheel pants and all that, is this correct?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:53 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

That is correct, plus you don't get any plans. Expect to pay around $200-250 for the wood, $25-40 for the plans, $100 for the pants and cowl and search around for the canopy or mold your own. You do have a vacuum form machine don't you?

Again, contact PCK and find out who the designer is and see what parts they have available. Heck they might even offer a hardware package.