Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Royal Starters

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:01 PM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Starters

I was digging in my tool box the other day, and found an old Royal starter. It just lists itself as a heavy duty starter, but no power ratings or anything. I was suprised that when I hooked it up, it spun right up. It had been laying in a shelf in my dads damp floorless building for about 11 years before I threw it in my box. It looks like its rebuildable if I ever needed too. Does anyone else have one, and have they been a good starter? Any ideas on how large of an engine I can start with it?
Old 03-24-2004, 03:35 PM
afra

Default RE: Royal Starters

CrashBurn69,

I've got the same starter. Mine is somewhere around 20 years old. The only thing that I have had to replaced is the rubber insert. I use it on everything from my Magnum .25's to a .91 TT 4-stroke. Plenty of power in that starter.

Take a look at the flight box thread and you can see a pic of mine sitting on the top of my box.

Scott.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:22 PM
phread59

Hey Crash, I have one too. I have no idea how old it is. It looks like it took a beating. Looks like heck, but still turns over just fine. The cone got hard. I put a Sullivan cone in it. Works fine, not as much power as my Sullivan HD. I take it with me as a spare.

Mark Shuman
Old 03-24-2004, 09:25 PM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

I just could not believe it when I hit the button and it just took right off. Glad to see I am not the only person with one.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Kaos Rulz

Yep. I got Royal. In fact it's the only starter I have ever owned, and I've been using it for almost 30 years now. I do however flip start all my engines, except when an engine gets stubborn, and this is usually on the first start after being heavily oiled down with after-run oil from the last session. This starter is bullet proof, only needing a new rubber cone occasionally.