Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Free Items

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 12:28 AM
RadleyO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Items

I've been reading things in the forums about people doing reviews and getting the item for free. I was wondering were I could find information about this. I currently fly glow R/C planes. I'm 14 years old and my budget is kinda low. So this seems like a cool job that helps my hobby. I appreciate any information.

Radley
Old 05-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Gastronom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Items

Radley - I made contact with the manuf. with questions on a kit, that started the conversation. Then after a problem filled flight the plane crashed, I then decided to send them an email describing what I liked and disliked about the kit and the ways that I thought it could have been improved. The company sent me a new kit free, since I already had the equipment to put in it. I have now done 3 models for that company and did 2 for another company, which I will not mention here.
You have to be careful about who you are reviewing for though, some people want you to 'fudge' the truth about their airplane; others want your honest opinion.
Seeing how you are 14 years old, you are still in school; I would not think that you are ready to do reviews just yet. My suggestion for you would be to concentrate on your lessons and get through it. If this is what you want to do later in life then you should really devote your time to your English classes. They will help you a long way in the future. As far as getting money for our hobby, I know what you are going through having been brought up dirt poor. I think that you could go out and mow lawns, rack leaves, paint garages, clean out old buildings, get a paper delivery route, collect aluminum cans, shovel snow, or just do other odd jobs throughout your neighborhood. Of course, there are other ways to get money; you just have to be creative. Good luck..