Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

May we come and visit???

Old 04-08-2004, 09:02 AM
TimeFLYING
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May we come and visit???

Hello everyone

A friend and I would like to travel around the Michigan and fly at as many fields as we can manage to get to this year. we want to come have fun and share in the telling of stories If you can provide a map or a address so we can pull a map off the internet that would be awesome. we would also like write about our experience in our club news letter..

Please don't be shy we may even be open to hitting north Ohio and Indiana. Well hope be at a field near you.

Email: [email protected] or pm me

Thanks

Troy McClanahan

http://kram.corpcomp.com/
Old 04-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: May we come and visit???

Which State?
If you are in georgia, you can be my guest at the Flying Griffins and the Conley Flyers.
Just let me know.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Geistware

Which State?
If you are in georgia, you can be my guest at the Flying Griffins and the Conley Flyers.
Just let me know.

A friend and I would like to travel around the Michigan and fly at as many fields as we can ...//SNIP//

Please don't be shy we may even be open to hitting north Ohio and Indiana.

Weelll, this hyar map don' seem ta place that Georgee place in them Michigan, northern Ohio and Injun-ana places. So, 'peers ta muhee thet you donna' gonna git no visit -- do tell!!
Old 04-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Live Wire

H' feathers
This is getting bad when you get this low, Or you are as bored as I am.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:28 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both you guys are SA loosers![&o]

Time, I like doing the same thing all around the country. I recently visited the Ribcracker's field in Novi. They will be loosing their field soon bit they were great hosts they even added me to their mailing list for the newsletter. Great bunch of guys!
Old 04-08-2004, 08:28 PM
stalspin-delete

With an address of Ionia MI. I'm surprised you aren't aware of all the clubs in Mich. but anyway here is a start www.amadistrictvii.org. has a list of every club in Mich,Iowa,Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:38 AM
TimeFLYING

With an address of Ionia MI. I'm surprised you aren't aware of all the clubs in Mich.

We know of the clubs in MI.... But some don't like it when you just pop in. So we wanted to make some contacts so that we could coordinate a date etc. Its always nice having talked to someone before showing up even if its just though email. well hope to hear from more of you.

Thanks

Troy
Old 04-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Cajun

We know of the clubs in MI.... But some don't like it when you just pop in.
I also like to visit the local flying fields when I'm traveling, but have found this to be true. Some fields even have signs up that almost read "NO VISITORS".

I don't understand why any club would want to discourage visitors. We welcome visitors at our field and ask them to fly if they have a AMA card, no questions asked and we would never charge an out of the area visitor to fly. Club members from our adjacement areas are also invited to "COME FLY WITH US"

Why Not??
Old 04-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: TimeFLYING

With an address of Ionia MI. I'm surprised you aren't aware of all the clubs in Mich.

We know of the clubs in MI.... But some don't like it when you just pop in. So we wanted to make some contacts so that we could coordinate a date etc. Its always nice having talked to someone before showing up even if its just though email. well hope to hear from more of you.

Thanks

Troy

Darnedest thing I ever heard of -- A GENTLEMAN respectful of the property rights of others, obviously a person of manners and good character.[X(]

Troy, are you certain your posting in a forum that allows such fine traits to be displayed?

Good Luck.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:51 PM
stalspin-delete

Troy, since you know of all the fields, why not go to the web site, get a contact and call.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

He modified the message and added michigan to the message.
I should have quoted his original message so that this type of response would not have came about.

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Geistware

Which State?
Just let me know.

A friend and I would like to travel around the Michigan and fly at as many fields as we can ...//SNIP//

Please don't be shy we may even be open to hitting north Ohio and Indiana.

Weelll, this hyar map don' seem ta place that Georgee place in them Michigan, northern Ohio and Injun-ana places. So, 'peers ta muhee thet you donna' gonna git no visit -- do tell!!
Old 04-11-2004, 10:20 PM
stalspin-delete

Now here is a thought to ponder.
In reference to the no visitors sign. My first thought maybe it is meant for non AMA members. If that turned out to different. Then I would be a little upset to the point of possibly filing a complaint to the DVP. We are all supposed to be part of the big picture, brothers, sisters etc. of the hobby/sport, one for all and all for one. If a club field is denied to AMA members there had better be a good reason or for sure I would complain.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Jim Branaum

At least one DVP I know would tell you that what a club does is club business until membership issues have been addressed. That is where the lines get drawn in the sand.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: stalspin

Now here is a thought to ponder.
In reference to the no visitors sign. My first thought maybe it is meant for non AMA members. If that turned out to different. Then I would be a little upset to the point of possibly filing a complaint to the DVP. We are all supposed to be part of the big picture, brothers, sisters etc. of the hobby/sport, one for all and all for one. If a club field is denied to AMA members there had better be a good reason or for sure I would complain.

Thank you for identifying just who determines what we are all "supposed' to be. OOPs, Pardon me, you are NOT identified other than someone that has stalled and is spinning out.[>:]
I belong to a Club that welcomes AMA visitors for flying up to 3 times in any 12 month period, when -- and only -- if an Adult Club Member is present. Then if one does not wish to pay the dues, well it's So-Long and Bye-Bye.

If you appeared a 4th time, You would be denied rights to operate there. You could complain all you want. Please go tell the local Justice you wish to trespass. Like many Clubs these days and more will as time passes, we OWN THE PLACE, and until one wishes to contribute to paying the taxes and utility bills, well amigo, complaining is all you can do.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:17 AM
TimeFLYING

I did change state to Mich. But my little profile thing that pops up under my name I thought said Ionia, MI. not a big deal if i end up by any of you i will be sure to stop in a say hi( with a email letting you i would be in the area)

I didnt think i would stir up a stink I just wanted to see if I could put some faces with names from around here We are using contacts from the ama site that list all the clubs etc. We thought where else could you touch everyone in MI and surrounding area in one swoop then the net.

Thanks for all the replies/emails with the invites and hope to most of you this summer

Thanks

Troy
Old 04-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Cajun

If you appeared a 4th time, You would be denied rights to operate there. You could complain all you want. Please go tell the local Justice you wish to trespass. Like many Clubs these days and more will as time passes, we OWN THE PLACE, and until one wishes to contribute to paying the taxes and utility bills, well amigo, complaining is all you can do.
Up here in East Texas we brag about our hospitality,,,,,and I guess this is why!!

If an out of town visitor shows up at our field with a AMA card and wants to visit and fly,,,,he's one of us. We have a inclusionary policy, not an exclusionary one. We've never found that policy to be a problem.

Now, if a local shows up repeatedly and doesn't show an interest in helping out with the dues and field jobs, we'd have to have a little talk with him[:@]

Cajun[8D]
Old 04-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

check out [link=http://clubfield.com]CLUBFIELD[/link]
getting bigger everyday
Old 04-13-2004, 05:26 PM
stalspin-delete

Well again the all knowing Hoss has spoken. Supposed?? are we all not part of this hobby/sport fraternity?? I guess not according to Hoss. Of course many of us don't have the luxury of owning a field that can be a "PRIVATE" field when necessary. I agree that most of the fields I have been to also have a requirement that, (and I believe it is because to control locals) after 3 visits to fly a request is made to the visitor to join. No problem with that.
BUT, Troy is asking to visit maybe only once and in my opinion should not be refused, but in fact to be welcomed as a brother modeler.
I also believe that too many clubs have a selfish nature, maybe like a SNOB club that Hoss belongs too.
Carry on Hoss. I have no more time to waste on your kind.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Jim Branaum

This reply is to HC and Stalspin.

It sure looks like BOTH of you have made your minds up about whatever it is the other has said and cannot be confused with simple facts. There are opinions on that, but instead of sharing them I strongly suggest a cup of coffee before your next missives.

(Hint: You both welcome visitors who are AMA members at least once and both expect repeat folks to join.)
Old 04-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Askalon
My Feedback: (1)

ok, i can understand the "hey i am just passing through and would like to fly for a day at your field" but what about the "Hi, i am in town for a week becuae of my job and I would like to fly with you guys"? I can sure understand making a donation, but having to join because I am in town for the week and show up for 5 days?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Jim Branaum

LOL!

I agree with you and that is what club bylaws SHOULD address. We call it a 'TDY duty membership' and effectively charge slightly more than annual dues if we collected dues monthly.

What many (heli guys gave us some serious grief over this) seem to miss is that the grass needs to be mowed and the rents on porta potties and field rent paid. It makes no difference if the field is rented or owned. The costs still go on.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Hossfly

quote]ORIGINAL: Askalon

ok, i can understand the "hey i am just passing through and would like to fly for a day at your field" but what about the "Hi, i am in town for a week becuae of my job and I would like to fly with you guys"? I can sure understand making a donation, but having to join because I am in town for the week and show up for 5 days?

[/quote]

Now the Jetero Bylaws does allow for that. If you live over 100 miles away and belong to another AMA Chartered Club you can fly as a guest at Jetero for eight (8) days in any calendar year. Now if you can get a club member to declare yourself his/her "House Guest", regardless of where you sleep you may -- as an AMA member -- fly at Jetero for 20 consecutive days or two (2) periods of ten (10) days each per calendar year. Now is that so bad?

In all the above discussions the one stalling and spinning and comprehensively challenged stated:

If a club field is denied to AMA members there had better be a good reason or for sure I would complain.
I replied with the local rule of 3 visits in twelve (12) months. Because one is denied when one tries to fly here for free.
We have had numerous modelers, all AMA members, do tricks that even I could not have thought of just to fly at Jetero without joining.
Some even slip in and fly when no one is present. Unfortunately with a big club, 120+ members, some people just don't know each person present.

We wanted to have any AMA/Charter Club person welcome. Several joined a public property club at $35 and came to us to fly. *HIT* jus' donna' work Amigo! One troop moved away. We gave him unlimited guest time. He moves back, joins cheap club and comes to us to fly at a good field. Sorry, what we giveth, we also taketh away.

Jetero members are not snobs, yet they are da_n proud of what they have and have every right to be so. Certainly far from the best, yet a great place to fly and relax. 3500 sq.ft shelter over concrete, full electrics, running water, kitchen (hot and cold water, freezer, two large refrigs. full stove and large electric grill), transmitter impound room, indoor flush-toliets, and we own the place. Still building on. Dirt work is about done for another 800 sq. ft. of shelter over concrete.

So AMA or not, as AMA doesn't provide one dam_ cent to us, we will restrict within our rules. As JB said, the bills have to be paid.

So if you're traveling through or in town for a few days and have AMA, I have a feeling you can be accommodated. Local and looking for a free ride, well I donna' thunk so, Amigo![>:]
Old 04-14-2004, 10:08 PM
rw Guinn

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Now the Jetero Bylaws does allow for that. If you live over 100 miles away and belong to another AMA Chartered Club you can fly as a guest at Jetero for eight (8) days in any calendar year. Now if you can get a club member to declare yourself his/her "House Guest", regardless of where you sleep you may -- as an AMA member -- fly at Jetero for 20 consecutive days or two (2) periods of ten (10) days each per calendar year. Now is that so bad?

In all the above discussions the one stalling and spinning and comprehensively challenged stated:

If a club field is denied to AMA members there had better be a good reason or for sure I would complain.
I replied with the local rule of 3 visits in twelve (12) months. Because one is denied when one tries to fly here for free.
We have had numerous modelers, all AMA members, do tricks that even I could not have thought of just to fly at Jetero without joining.
Some even slip in and fly when no one is present. Unfortunately with a big club, 120+ members, some people just don't know each person present.

We wanted to have any AMA/Charter Club person welcome. Several joined a public property club at $35 and came to us to fly. *HIT* jus' donna' work Amigo! One troop moved away. We gave him unlimited guest time. He moves back, joins cheap club and comes to us to fly at a good field. Sorry, what we giveth, we also taketh away.

Jetero members are not snobs, yet they are da_n proud of what they have and have every right to be so. Certainly far from the best, yet a great place to fly and relax. 3500 sq.ft shelter over concrete, full electrics, running water, kitchen (hot and cold water, freezer, two large refrigs. full stove and large electric grill), transmitter impound room, indoor flush-toliets, and we own the place. Still building on. Dirt work is about done for another 800 sq. ft. of shelter over concrete.

So AMA or not, as AMA doesn't provide one dam_ cent to us, we will restrict within our rules. As JB said, the bills have to be paid.

So if you're traveling through or in town for a few days and have AMA, I have a feeling you can be accommodated. Local and looking for a free ride, well I donna' thunk so, Amigo![>:]
Now, see HC, if you'd SAID that to start with, the hostility in the replies would have never appeared.
You have always maintained that nobody, but nobody, ever, under any circumstances, gets more than 3 days per year as a guest at your field. I have always assumed that that adamant declaration meant that traveling salesmen or itinerant engineers had to by gawd pay the initiation and other fees to fly with you guys as a guest if he was stuck in Houston for a couple of weeks at different times, and wanted to fly more than 3 times, consecutive or scattered, during a year.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Cajun

Well HC, I'm glad to hear you Houstonites and KingWoodlanders are true Texans and have true Texas hospitality. Since I have flown at your field, I knew you did, but it didn't show in some of your posts here.

If I lived in your area, I would fork up the dues in a heartbeat. Jetero is one sweet field to fly from, one of the best in fact, and I saw lots of very friendly guys there.

Cajun[8D]
Old 04-15-2004, 09:35 AM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

EVERYBODY: You are absolutely welcome to fly with us at Port City RC on M-46 about 15 miles east of Muskegon, MI. Current AMA members are welcome. We have a gated facility on county landfill property one mile south of M-46 on Swanson Road. Usually activity goes seven days a week, but please let me know 24 hours in advance and we will be glad to extend our hospitality...JIM [email protected] 231-773-2064
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98203.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	122513  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.