Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Vote! More, less, same, or no construction details on RCU Magazine Product Reviews

The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Vote! More, less, same, or no construction details on RCU Magazine Product Reviews

Old 06-23-2002, 08:15 PM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Vote! More, less, same, or no construction details on RCU Magazine Product Reviews

Curious if you guys would like to see more in the way of construction detail for kit and arf reviews or same, less, or no details.

It has always been the way of the magazines to provide a moderate level of detail on the construction of most models. Do you read these construction details and text? Is it enjoyable? Do you skip over it or yearn for more of it? It is always assumed that the way the mags have it is the right way to do it but would rather see what you guys like and give it to you whatever it may be.

Do you want step by step details of construction with more pictures? Would you just rather see only the highlights or important tips?

Vote on the poll and leave your comments.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:46 AM
Someone11-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Vote! More, less, same, or no construction details on RCU Magazine Product Reviews

I think the amount that is there now, especially in the review of the SUPER KRAFT Extra 300-60, is more than adequate. If there are pages upon pages of text then I think that people (me too) aren't going to want to read all of that, unless they have nothing to do. Make sure to have photos and all that good stuff so it makes it interesting, and catches the readers imagination.

-Brian

P.S. "...catches the readers imagination."
Old 06-27-2002, 02:59 PM
TopShelf
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I voted for more....BUT....I don't want more regurgitation of the instruction manual or basic building sequence. I would want more detail on specific troubling &/or critical area(s) or specifics on any deviations/modifications of the AC. Also if any errors were discovered in the manuals/photo's/plans that should be called out. If the model goes together exactly as described in the instructions, there should be very little discussed with regard to the building process.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:13 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ditto Topshelf
Old 07-05-2002, 01:42 AM
srt5321
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default exactly

Topshelf says it all.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:01 AM
Jay7318713-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

also agree
Old 07-11-2002, 12:19 AM
Flying Scotsman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default TopShelf has nailed it on the head

Showing tips and solutions to problems and critical areas is what's required (with plenty of pics!!)