Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Newbie Looking For Instructor In Miami

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Newbie Looking For Instructor In Miami

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 12:45 AM
GEORGE1021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Looking For Instructor In Miami

New to hooby I live in Miami fla (kendall area), looking for someone to teach me how to fly and help me build ARF PLANE..

THANKS JORGE
EMAIL ME [email protected]
Old 06-24-2002, 07:49 PM
jmulder
My Feedback: (6)

Default Newbie Looking For Instructor In Miami

Dont give up Jorge. You will find an instructor. Just ask around at the local Fields. I would help you but that a bit far for me to drive! Unless maybe we could go to the beach where they wear those little teeny bikini's!.......John
Old 06-25-2002, 09:22 AM
Steve-o-RCU

Default help

hey, i'm back in the hobby after a 15 yr break, got a new trainer and am getting back in the air. I have met a lot of nice people, know where the fields - where hobby shops are and would be happy to share any info.

I hooked up with a guy at Markham Park (awesome field, no membership or dues or crap to deal with - county park !!!!) and got my plane in the air - he really helped me alot.

anyway, get back to me, we'll hook up ... what part of miami? i am in S. Miami by U of M

Steve-o
Old 06-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Nickrc3
My Feedback: (6)

Default Flying field in Miami?

Jorge/ Steve-o:

The Aeromodelers of Perrine is one of the biggest clubs in Florida and our web site is www.amps-rc.com

I've been a member for twenty years. Dues is $100.00 annually, $30.00 initially.

We have several club instructors and will be more than happy to get you started and remain successful.

Our meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at Pro-Scale Models. The web site will provide alll the information you need.

Good Luck - Nick Capone
Old 06-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Steve-o-RCU

Default $100.- ????????????

What are you crazy?
and exactly what do we get for the C-note?
the compassion and comraderie of the old farts?
no thanks.
I cant understand why you guys charge so much????
Markham Park is 5 minutes farther away than the AMPS field, there are no (read $0.00) additional charges to enter, fly, and have fun. on the weekends they charge $1.00 to enter the park.

Do i get at least an AMPS t-shirt for my hard earned $100.-?

of course i dont.

so....... what do you have to offer a new guy in this hobby that i cant get for free from guys that are willing to help for free......... $100.- charge sours us new guys quick....!!!!

Steve-o
Old 06-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Steve-o-RCU

Default geeze.....

i just did some math.....(us new guys are not too quick)

20 years??????? x $100.- = $2000.- <-----what are you mad????? crazy mad????
Old 06-25-2002, 12:35 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Default flying feild

Steve-o
Hope you never move from sunny Florida, We are not all lucky enough to have the State help support our hobby. I pay $80.00 a year for dues and glad to do it. Most clubs have to lease the property and pay the upkeep on it. I know of some clubs that the dues are in the $250 range and the club members fell lucky at to have a place to go and fly. You say you have to pay a dollar to get in the park and if you fly every week end that is $52.00 a year in itself. I go flying at least two time a week so the cost at your field would be higher than my club dues.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:26 PM
Steve-o-RCU

Default like my kid says......"whatever"....

I pay $48.- a year for AMA and nada zippo after that. Every weekday the park is open and has no ($0.-) entrance fee. Even on the weedend it is not too crowded.

I am just saying... I understand AMPS must love new members at $100.- a pop. I also understand they own the land, taxes, cutting the special grass they have planted. I undestand all that. Wanna join a club? Do it. It costs $100.-? "whatever"

This fellow airplane lover needs help, and i offered. I didn't try to goad him into joining a club. Getting into this hobby with a trainer can cost $400.- to $500.- <---not exactly cheap.

An Extra $100.- can discourage someone pretty quickly.

Markham Park in Ft. Lauderdale has free entrance weekdays, charges $1.- entrance on the weekends, has an awesome field, stands, asphalt runway, bathrooms, covered canopy and great flying 300 days out of the year.... ya gotta love that !!!!

questions?