Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I think I'm just dumb.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 10:03 PM
cbromeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I'm just dumb.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but I cant find in any instruction manual how to hookup my receiver. Where does the battery plug in? Which servo goes to which channel? I'm using a hitec LASER 4 with a hitecRDC3500 8CH receiver. I need to hook up throttle w/ ESC, ailerons, and elevators (Wattage Impress). Please help me.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:09 PM
robert

I don't have a hitec, but it would be quite simple. If you have a switch, plug the battery into that, then the other lead into a spare channal in the receiver (e.g. no.8), or the lead coming out of it. I am not sure what channels are for what function in a hitec, but if you turn your radio and your receiver on, then plug in you four servos, in any order, into the first four channels. Move the ailreons, and see what servo moves. Then check what channel its on in the receiver, and note it. Do the same for throttle and elevator.
Robert.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:12 PM
cbromeo

Greatly appreciated! I kind of thought that was it but was afraid to plug power into anything that cost more than $10 without knowing what I was doing. Will go finish my new plane right now. Thanks again. (yep! I'm dumb.)
Old 06-25-2002, 10:37 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Channel 3 is your ESC
# 1 is the aileron
#2 is the elevator
Old 06-25-2002, 11:08 PM
cbromeo

Thanks rreiss! All is set now. I'll let you know how my first flight (crash) goes as soon as I get a calm day.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:30 AM
ninefingers
My Feedback: (18)

Default Calm Day??

No duuuude, you got to learn to fly in the wind!

Just kidding, .....good luck !
Old 06-29-2002, 12:42 PM
cbromeo

Well, first flight was more of a short semi-powered glide of about fifty feet into the ground. Minimal damage (got lucky), was fixed in about fifeteen minutes. The problem, set screws in the gearbox were only snug from the factory and I foolishly didn't check them while assembling the plane. They slipped enough to not allow for full power but held enough to fool me into think nothing was wrong before I threw the thing in the air.

There you have it, my first lesson learned: NEVER TRUST THE FACTORY TO "FULLY ASSEMBLE" ANYTHING.