Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

New Market Brings Old Forum Look & Feel!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

New Market Brings Old Forum Look & Feel!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 06:15 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Market Brings Old Forum Look & Feel!!

OK Guys, we heard you loud and clear.

Take a second to poke around the market. Do two things:

1. On the browsing pages (but not the market home page) at the very beginning and very end of the listings, there are two menus. One changes the view from Standard to "Forum View" and the other changes the number of listings you can see per page. Try the new "Forum View".

2. Next, when you click into an ad, you will see three tabs. Everyone is now taken to the "Quick View" which resembles a forum post. For those who like more detail, our traditional view is available by clicking the "Detailed View" tab. Of course, you can set your default view so that every time you visit it's the same.

3. We have blended the colors so your transition from "forum" to "market" will appear seamless.

4. We are working on a color customizer so you can pick the colors YOU want on the entire site! This is the first step. Hang in there, we have some cool color themes coming.

5. Marc will be adding market categories right to the forums!! This way, you can click into a shopping area right from the discussion board.

We have spent a good deal of time programming these changes so Marc and I would both appreciate your constructive comments and thoughts.

Thanks!

Michael
Old 05-08-2004, 12:10 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Market Brings Old Forum Look & Feel!!

Very creative way to bring the familiar look back to the Marketplace! Nicely done. Switching from Quick View to Detailed View was obviously different.

A question: When I toggled back and forth from Forum View to Standard View, I didn't really see a difference. I did have "hide thumbs" checked.

I'm using Safari and OS X.....

Edit: I switched it to show thumbs and other than the pictures not showing up under Forum View, I didn't notice a change. I think it looks fine, just wanted to give you that feedback.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:39 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mike - when viewing the titles of listings there are a few pieces of info and icons removed to make them mostly one per line and a little simpler to read. Not as drastic as the detailed vs quick view but still simpler and in line with typical forum views. Notice how we handled location and replies...mouse over the titles in forumview (hint)
Old 05-19-2004, 07:34 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Makes it a lot easier to search and view. Don't have to leave the forums.