Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Joe Nall Commentary

Old 05-18-2004, 07:14 PM
powellrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joe Nall Commentary

My 8 friends and I from Tennessee had a great time and wish to pass along a large thanks to Mr. Pat for sharing his love of flying with others.

GREAT Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the information, and update, WC. Personally, the guy is a pretty nice person, and I was really saddened that a bit more maturity and good judgement was not there to counter the youthful enthusiasm and talented thumbs. It takes a lot to mature as a modeller, especialy when you are in the spotlight at the tender age of 16, and feel like you have to prove yourself every time you have a plane in the air. He needs a Mentor .. someone who will step up and tell him when he is out of bounds, hold him responsible for every mistake, and show him with actions and attitude how to be both a better person and an ambassador of this hobby. He has the talent, the skill, and the ability. . now all he needs is the maturity and control.

Hopefully he will go a long way and get the incidents of the last year or so behind him.

I think we should all remember him, even though unnamed, in our thoughts and prayers for a safe and complete recovery. And I very much hope that the next time I meet him I will see someone who is under control, and knows what he is about. I am looking forward to seeing it when it happens.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:02 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know who Kris is talking about, he only wrecked 7 or 8 planes last year alone, and these are 33-40% birds. Sad to see people are trusting him with their pride and joys, he will never fly one of my models. I have seen him fly a number of times, the last time he flew here, he was flying in between himself and the people watching, not cool, not cool at all, my wife was scared every time he almost lost it, as she should have been. He is half out of control most the time.. Hope he gets over the hurdle and straightens out some day. They are very nice people.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

WOW.... This kid sounds like a west coast adult from silicone valley that we know!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:30 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

silicon valley<<<<< he dug deep for that one,,,,, hey JohnVH you should make the journey out here for JoeNall next year,,,,
Old 05-19-2004, 10:07 AM
JohnVH

Im planning on it Jon!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:05 PM
jongurley

I hope you can, so you can show us how those NorthWestern US pilots fly ,, and sell me that SUKHOI
Old 05-19-2004, 03:21 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Mr Hartness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greatest week of flying I've ever had. Flew the 'Lovings Love" more times in 4 days than we usually do in a whole season! Reckon I have to admit it was worth putting those Muff's on. Ole Mr Sadler never once chewed us out for wake'n up the chickens! The only,,,, and I mean ONLY complaint I could make about the whole week, was the time the demo's were eating up. But I hear that will not be a prob next year. Ya know,,,,,,there MUST be R/C in Heaven boys!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:20 PM
JohnVH

Haha, Ill do my best. I might be flying good by next years Nall

Oh, everything is for sale for the right price
ORIGINAL: jongurley

I hope you can, so you can show us how those NorthWestern US pilots fly ,, and sell me that SUKHOI
Old 05-19-2004, 10:15 PM
r180reef
My Feedback: (7)

The kid will take getting seperated from his dad to grow up. He has been baned from 3 or 4 clubs around here. His dad has been in that denial for years. John is rite, he flys about 3/4 out of controll all the time. Ron
Old 05-19-2004, 10:50 PM
jongurley

RC Larry-RCU didn't you try to sale the Cap232 you had at Nall,,, I am Jonathan Gurley you have seen me around but probably need to see a face to reckonize, I didn't get a chance to speak to you during Nall, but I did get a video of the LOVE, it was fastttttt well I will speak to you at one of the fly ins, I believe the Kinston one is coming up ,, I am member of ECRC,,,,,
Old 05-21-2004, 10:53 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

I am wondering if it is a youngster called A.T. from Virginia, Aaron Hayes to be exact.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:35 PM
JohnVH

Nope, but for the sake of others out there letting him fly your stuff, here is how his Tucson ended, I think it was that anyway... found this online. Please dont let this happen to your pride and joy! I have nothing against them, they are pretty nice people, just dont let him fly your plane if you like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60127.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	134711  
Old 05-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Kody
My Feedback: (19)

Just let it go....
Old 05-22-2004, 07:21 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kody

Just let it go....
Easy to say, unless you owned the plane!! Hopefully whoever this kid is, he and his dad are reimbursing the owners for the damage. If not, I am guessing they will not be flying other's planes for long!!!! Craig
Old 05-22-2004, 08:58 AM
jongurley

What I don't understand is all of these people that "should" have good piloting skills are letting this young man fly there 40% airplanes,,,,
Old 05-22-2004, 12:06 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My question is does he ask to fly their plane or do people say"Here-- try this?"
Old 05-22-2004, 03:02 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Jongurley
Nope, wasnt trying to sell the ole Cap. Just never got around to flying it. Was havinig too much fun with the rocket! Would really like to see the video of the Love. Been flying that bird for 3 or 4 years now, and we've never taken any motion shots of it. Id really like it if you might be able to copy it and bring it along to one of the meets. We plan on hitting most all of the NC meets , as well as some of the VA meets. Id be glad to pay you for the cost of the tape. Be sure and introduce yourself to us next time by name. We're always ready to add one more to our list of flying buds. Dont ya jez luvvvvvvv dis hobby!!!!!!! ')
Old 05-22-2004, 03:33 PM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Well my two cents on the issue of the Kid who crashed Barry Finks 3.3m Composite-Arf Yak 55 SP.
Please do the right thing and get Barry a replacment and soon, tell your Dad to step up and take Andreas offer he gave him. You crashed the first time and that should have been the last time you tried to fly that plane. Regardless if you the man or not, you flew his plane there for you took the responsibility of the plane. If the right thing isnt done, well that could be the end of people letting you fly there planes. Its nobody's fault but your own.....
Old 05-22-2004, 07:57 PM
goliath-RCU
My Feedback: (8)

if he asked to fly the plane he pays. if they asked him to fly it they pay.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Kris^
Banned

How about. . You break it. .you buy it. I tell everyone who flies any of my planes the same thing . .It's YOUR responsibility if it gets broken, because I'm certainly not going to take the transmitter away from you.

There are NO excuses for crashing someone else plane, no matter if you were asked to fly it, or asked if you could fly it. That's the whole problem at the moment. . too many excuses, not enough responsibility, and people trying to rationalize BAD judgement on the pilots part. IN this case, the pilot showed bad judgement not once, or twice, but 5-6 times over several days. That's not an accident, that's a disaster.

Plain and simple. . you have the TX in your hands, and it crashes, its YOUR fault. . you pay.

Funny how simple that is. . and how complicated people want to make it so that they can weasel out of doing the "right thing".

Leave the litigation and lawyeresque speeches for the courtrooms. . Around here people are supposed to be ADULTS. . not children playing the blame game. If you can't afford to replace someone elses plane, you better not fly it. Which is one reason I seldom fly other peoples models.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:54 PM
jongurley

Yeh Larry, I will try to get you a tape, I loaned it to some off my flying buddies around goldsboro, it has all of the footage I took throughout the week, so there's no telling when I will get it back, it will get passed from buddy to buddy, and etc, but I guess the next flyin I will try to make will be the Kinston next month I believe,, but anyway I'll see you then,,,,,,,
Now to the Kid,,, WHYYYYYY would YOOUUUUUUUU leeetttttt aaaaaaa kiiiiiiidddddd fffflllyyyy your 3.3 YAK,,, that is ^%^&%&^%*&%&%& nevermind,,,, you guys get the jist of my disbelief..[]
Old 05-22-2004, 11:03 PM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Well why?? Because Barry is one of the Most generous persons in this hobby, and he is the type to let just about anyone fly his planes. Real good people...
Old 05-23-2004, 08:28 AM
goliath-RCU
My Feedback: (8)

I went to a flyin here in NC and they had a sign with: "if someone asked to fly your plane and crashes he pays. if you asked him to fly it and he crashes you pay. " i know other fields have similar signs.

I had a friend fly my plane, i ecouraged him to land it he said he didnt want to and wanted to hand the transmitter back to me, but i encouraged him to land anyway and he crashed it due to dumb thumbs. I couldnt ask him to pay, it wouldnt be right.

I went to a fly in yesterday and a friend brought a 60 size extra for a maiden. i suggested we get the club expert to fly it the first time . the CD suggested someone but he made it very clear that this person would not be held responcible for a crash. this person has won two national titles in aerobatics and he made it clear he wasnt responcible for a crash. (Durring the test flight one of the ailerons developed a flutter and stripped the servo fortunately the test pilot landed it with out a crash)

"You break it. .you buy it." is far too narrow minded and doesnt apply in many cases.

ORIGINAL: Kris^

How about. . You break it. .you buy it. I tell everyone who flies any of my planes the same thing . .It's YOUR responsibility if it gets broken, because I'm certainly not going to take the transmitter away from you.

There are NO excuses for crashing someone else plane, no matter if you were asked to fly it, or asked if you could fly it. That's the whole problem at the moment. . too many excuses, not enough responsibility, and people trying to rationalize BAD judgement on the pilots part. IN this case, the pilot showed bad judgement not once, or twice, but 5-6 times over several days. That's not an accident, that's a disaster.

Plain and simple. . you have the TX in your hands, and it crashes, its YOUR fault. . you pay.

Funny how simple that is. . and how complicated people want to make it so that they can weasel out of doing the "right thing".

Leave the litigation and lawyeresque speeches for the courtrooms. . Around here people are supposed to be ADULTS. . not children playing the blame game. If you can't afford to replace someone elses plane, you better not fly it. Which is one reason I seldom fly other peoples models.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:56 PM
jongurley

AMEN,,, Goliath

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.