The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Joy, Joy, Joy

Old 07-06-2002, 02:37 PM
phaebes
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Joy, Joy, Joy

I'm been in this hobby 20+ years. This year I invested in a few items that have brought me absolute pleasure--in either my workshop, or at the field. I need to share the JOY. These are a few of my favorite things...

1) A peak fast field charger. (brand name not important)
No more guessing, worrying, no more ni anxiety!

2) Du-Bro Z-bend tool.
Now even I can make a perfect Z-bend. I used it for the first time the other night--felt like Tom Hanks did when he made fire.

3) Battery Tender Jr.
A peak charger for your starter battery. Plug it in and forget about it. Like someone said in another post, its like having an Easy Bake Oven.

What are your favorite things?
Old 07-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Tattoo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Joy, Joy, Joy

20+ for me too! I have no kids, and it's just Sassy and I so why would I need a station wagon? Well, two years ago, I went out and boughht a brand new Sable station wagon for only one purpose...to haul airplanes...so for two years I was piling airplanes in the back as best I could, but even with a station wagon...3 or 4 planes and it's pretty tight...with lots of wasted head room above them. Two weeks ago I FINALLY built a two shelf rack for the back of my wagon. WOW!!! Why didn't I do this sooner!!! I can now carry 8 airplanes with my field box and tool box undernieth!...so the rack in the back of my wagon is my new favorite thing...before that it was the Dremel...I never knew there was so many uses for a dremel
Old 07-06-2002, 07:57 PM
Mike James

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Tools

One of my favorite tools is the Great Planes dead-centering tool with the hand-twist drill. This makes motor mounts, servo mounts, and other misc. hole drilling soooo much easier. (Of course, I can't live without my Dremel, too.)

Another favorite is the Tekoa foam-cutting machine I got about 8 years ago. Once the templates are done, I can crank out foam wings without any hassle, and it saves me a lot of time. There are a lot of other uses for foam around the shop, such as making an airplane stand, and it's great for that, too.

All I really need now is one of those "RC Babes" to help me.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:49 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Joy, Joy, Joy

My favorite thing I bought is the Alpha 4 charger by Litco Systems, it cost a bundle and I had to get on a 9 month waiting list but it was well worth it. Even an idiot like me can properly charge and maintain any kind of battery. Phil I agree with the field charger too, it saved my butt many times and others at the field.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Gdolboy3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Joy, Joy, Joy

The Great Planes Hinge cutting tool. For me, my biggest weakness has always been cutting those hinges. Man you've gotta hate that. WIth this tool, ya bury that thing in there, and hinges are done. A wing is done in 5 minutes. Hell, it takes longer to make the marks than the actual cutting. It's a tool of beauty.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:17 AM
vegas mossie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Joy, Joy, Joy

I second the hinge cutter, an awesome little device..
Old 07-07-2002, 12:11 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (107)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The hinge cutter

I have to agree with the hinge slotter, however I am going to take it a step further and go with the centering guide that you can now get to help get the slots centered. This really makes life alot easier. Good Luck, Dave.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:11 AM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Joy, Joy, Joy

GP Hinge cutter with centering tool = Way Cool. (cordless sux - don't go there). Too bad it doesn't get much use.

Superbrain 959 = Cool - needs a discharge function, but it will charge anything! Works on AC or 12V DC.

Dremel - man, how long did you wait to get one of these? I wore one out right as I was getting back into this hobby!

Hobbico Volt Watch. Put one on EVERY PLANE = Plane Saver. If you have bare white covering on the fuselage, just put it inside. It will shine through. That's what I did on the H9 Aresti.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:23 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Joy, Joy, Joy

The hinge slotter w/ centering tool, the dremel tool, and the new GP planer are among my favorites.

But my all time favorite, is a wife that is a dental assistant and likes to help me!

GUYS... YOU HAVE TO GET ONE OF THESE!! LOL

The first time she helped me build, I asked her for a pin to open the CA. After I opened it, she took the pin, and stuck it into a little scrap of balsa, then she set it aside. Every time I needed a pin, she took it out of the balsa scrap and handed it to me, then replaced it. When the plane was finished, she still had the same pin! LOL I was amazed at how organized she kept my workspace! I wouldn't want to build without my assistant ever again!