Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What's your best "I Glued Myself Too" Story"?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What's your best "I Glued Myself Too" Story"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 02:12 AM
KansasBill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your best "I Glued Myself Too" Story"?

For a light hearted moment, how about sharing your favorite "I Glued Myself Too" story.

Hey lets face it, anytime we put skin, balsa and CA in close proximity there is the chance for gluing more than balsa to balsa.

Perhaps you have heard a good suburban legends story, I seem to remember one about a guy who was building bare footed and glued his feet to the floor of his shop. Of course there are always stories about that itsy bitsy drop of CA that hit your eye and you blinked......

Just thought we might get some interesting little tales. Of course no to exclude anyone, any good stories about "Ambroid" cement are welcome.

KansasBill
Old 07-07-2002, 02:28 AM
dmajchrzak
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glued a Twinstar wing to my thighs with epoxy... Still missin' some hair.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:06 AM
mefly2
My Feedback: (6)

I got in the bad habit of taking the tip off my CA bottle with my teeth, and then, after I mastered that, I could even put it back on...

Worked great, as I usually had my hands full, until I missed the cap, and got a little on my tongue, then proceeded to stick my tongue to the top of my mouth... !
Old 07-07-2002, 03:47 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Well let me put it this way. always check fingertips before going to the bathroom. Don't even ask!!!!!! I ALWAYS CHECK NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2002, 06:45 AM
TurboOtter
My Feedback: (1)

Well mefly2's story rings a bell. I used to ( still do:-) pull the top off of the thin CA bottle with my teeth. Well one night, one hand short, I did this once too often. The top was still off the bottle. I glued my tongue to the roof of my mouth. I have to say my kids took great pleasure from this, as I am constantly telling them to keep anything but food out of there mouths. At this time the children absorbed a few new words for their vocabulary. Now should I poison myself with acetone, or just plain rubbing alcohol? Decisions, decisions! I managed to free my tongue by brute force. In extasy, I rolled my tongue in my mouth and felt the freedom to lick my my lips once again, only to realize I had welded my hand to to top sheet of my wing. Do I love building models or what.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:06 PM
iflyrc24

While building a GP FunOne I was having trouble gluing the turtle deck sheeting on. I thought a little thin CA would help hold the sheeting in place while the med CA dried. I held the sheeting in place and shot a little thin on the seam and my left hand felt real hot real quick. I managed the glue the whole palm of my hand from the knuckles to the wrist to the turtle deck. Not wanting to ruin a beautiful sheeting job. I had to go upstairs and ask the wife to soak my hand in fingernail polish remover. I had to sit there for about half an hour listening to the snickers and remarks from her and the kids while I was slowly unglued.

DEG
Old 07-07-2002, 08:09 PM
Unstable

this is airplane related but the guy was using CA glue soo..

When glueing minature figurines together when you glue the bas if you put it down right away you WILL glue the base to the table.

so one of my freinds had a idea... he put an extra board down so at least he would be able to move the model...

well he ended up glueing his finger to the model to the base to the board to the table.

you should have heard the words comming out of his mouth that day.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:49 PM
SgtMitchell

I spilled a large amount of thin ca on my stool in the shop (without seeing it) and sat down for a little while. When i got up the stool tried to follow me around. when I got the stool off my jeans i realized that I now had the problem of getting my jeans off my skin.... now that hurt!! Then it hurt again when the wife saw my good jeans.... don't know which was worse.....
Old 07-08-2002, 01:14 AM
hawkpilot
My Feedback: (7)

Default OUCH!!

Art, I think your story takes the cake!! :cry:
Old 07-08-2002, 01:24 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never check to see if the thin tip is unclogged by putting it to your ear and squeezing to listen for the air escaping. :stupid:

Eric
Old 07-08-2002, 01:37 AM
Ed Kettler

Back in the late 1980s, my wife worked at a major hospital in southern California. One night, a "John Doe" was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery. It seems that a doctor's wife had gotten tired of his fooling around, so when he passed out drunk with lipstick on his collar, she glued a certain male appendage to his abdomen. The word got around quickly, and they started calling him "Doctor Glued&*k" behind his back.

Ed
Old 07-08-2002, 01:56 AM
GrnBrt

Default Re: OUCH!!

Originally posted by hawkpilot
Art, I think your story takes the cake!! :cry:
not to mention hurting just a wee bit, but not as bad as the Doctor!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 01:59 AM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Originally posted by Ed Kettler
Back in the late 1980s, my wife worked at a major hospital in southern California. One night, a "John Doe" was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery. It seems that a doctor's wife had gotten tired of his fooling around, so when he passed out drunk with lipstick on his collar, she glued a certain male appendage to his abdomen. The word got around quickly, and they started calling him "Doctor Glued&*k" behind his back.

Ed
Assuming he was in the ....how should we say...smaller dimensions when she glued him/it, she should have had him wake to an erotic movie or something.....................yeow!
Old 07-08-2002, 02:48 AM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

I was going to tell my CA story, but after reading these, I realized that I don't have any CA stories worth telling...