Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Just bought Kangke Cap, Engine please???

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Just bought Kangke Cap, Engine please???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 12:06 AM
ticotel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought Kangke Cap, Engine please???

Just got the plane, thinking about engines,

OS 1.6??
Saito 1.8?
MOKI 2.1?
DA50?

All of these have gone through my mind a few times. I am leaning to the OS but I want to make sure I make the right decision.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Steve
Old 02-25-2004, 11:18 PM
malin

Default RE: Just bought Kangke Cap, Engine please???

I have this plane and have started a thread on engine choice. Do a search on "kangke cap 232" and mine will be within the first few. From the replies that i have gotten i have decided to go with the Brisson 2.4. I also have a link in there about a smoke system on this bird with a Moki 2.10. The crazy thing is the brisson weighes almost equal to the moki. and from the vid he had no problems.

As soon as i figure out how to post pics. I will have some up of the construction. I recieved all my electronics today and look to have the plane up by next weekend.

Malin
Old 02-26-2004, 02:46 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Mark Novak is gonna be pissed that you told him to do a search. Try checking in the ARF section as you'll get more responses.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:40 AM
BaronSchwab

Too true BB.
I would go with the DA.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:35 PM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

If you preference is glow... Moki 1.8, Moki 2.1, ST3250, ST3000 I have seen the Cap fly with a Moki 2.1, and it was a plus 3D machine (the owner had to double bevel the trailing edges of the control surfaces... he said it was easy to do.. took about 2 hours). I have the Cap with a ST3000, and it has "my definition" of unlimited vertical. I'm not into 3D, but it will hover at about 1/2 throttle. I use a APC 20x8 prop.

IMO, the airframe will handle any 2.4 gasser.... just do the normal stuff like pinning the firewall, and beefing up the landing block.

btw, for 3D, the ST3000, ST3250's throttle response might be lacking... I don't 3d, so I just need good top end, decent mid range, and a good idle.