Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Not like me, but......

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 02:01 PM
jettstarblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not like me, but......

O.K. guys and gals, I'm really in need of some words or something here.

Just awhile ago, my best flying buddy and I were out in the yard playing. (don't get funny yet)
A truck went by and something blew off the back, a glove or rag I think. Anyhow it must've caught her eye, and she ran out to see what it was, and before I could yell, or do a thing, one of those Chevy Avalanches came by, and the ******* driving it actually swerved into the wrong lane and intentionally hit her.
She was killed instantly, and now I'm very nearly destroyed myself.
My wife and girls are in shock, and I don't know what to say, I feel it was my fault somehow.
I've been on the RCU for awhile now, and feel I know some of you, despite never actually having met anyone.
Any words of condolence or ? would greatly be appeciated, I'm beside myself with grief.
She was half coyote,and half mutt. She would always go to the field (she knew it was on when I started getting the planes ready), she was my bud, and flying companion too, and now she's gone.

R.I.P. Rubee H
Old 06-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Not like me, but......

Man, I'm sorry Jetts. I hope you got that guys plate #. There are very stiff penalties for intentional animal cruelty in most states. Make the heartless ******* pay!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:10 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Man Jetts, I feel for you. Loosing a buddy is a tough thing. Remember the good times! Sorry for your loss!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:14 PM
danny03

Sorry for your loss, I have a stray(used to be) that I have grown very close too, and I dread the day that anything should happen to him. The only thing that I can say is try and remember her at the flying field., during happier times. I have learned a long time ago that I cannot force them from running after something short of tying them up. So don't blame yourself The fault lies not with you but with the driver of the vehicle. If you by chance got the tag number I would report him to the proper authorities.It will not bring back your buddy but at least it may prevent that person from running over an animal on purpose. Again my condolences and prayers are with you and your family..

Danny L. Gable
Old 06-15-2004, 02:26 PM
MerlinL14

Hearing a story like this produces 2 emotions:
1. Sorrow, for the loss of your flying buddy.
2. Anger, how could any 'sane, self respecting' person delibrately swerve in a 1 ton+ vehicle to knock over a family pet.

I am genuinely sorry for your loss, I have lost a dog to natural causes and I would have given my right arm for a few more years of his company. To have had him torn from me in this manner I would kill, and I don't say that lightly. I do hope that the weight of the law is imposed on this car driving 'animal'.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:30 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sorry, as you can tell from my avitar, I'm quite partial to those types of flying buddies, they never complain if you have the frequency pin too long, they don't heckle your landings or critisize your covering job. They don't preach AMA rules to you and are always willing to lend a keen eye and nose to help you find your lost plane.

Some people just don't understand that pets are more than just property, targets, or something to beat into submission.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:48 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Really not much I can say that will ease your loss Jetts. As fellow flying buddy lover, I am sorry to hear this. I have had several dogs along the way, and it's never easy, and its even harder for the special ones that come along that you really get attached to(I have one now). If the field you fly in happens to be yours, maybe an appropriate burial space overlooking the runway would be appropriate.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

I currently have a Cocker mutt and a Long hair Chihuahua. Most ridiculous combination of dogs you'd evry see but we treat them as family. We call them 'The Boys." Well the Cocker is getting up their in years and has a few left I hope. Maxx is only 3. I dread the day one of them goes first because it will be "ruff!" Thing here is respect. Most go right out and get another dog to replace the dog and I think that is wrong. If you loved that dog as much as you say than give it the mourning respect it deserves and wait a few months.

I mean if you had a spouse which dies it would be unthinkable to get married a week after the funeral. Later.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If that person intentionally swerved to strike your pet, then rest assured his Karma will catch up with him someday and make him pay double!

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 06-15-2004, 07:39 PM
mulligan

Gulp
Old 06-15-2004, 08:01 PM
ben flyn

I worry everyday about the same thing happening to my dog. Just remember the good times and be gald YOU made her life so good.

BUT DON'T BLAME YOURSELF! What could you have done anyway? If you could... YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!

The more people I meet..... The more I love my Dog.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:27 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Nothing can ease your pain right now. I sit here a grown man of 39 with tears in my eyes remembering all the pets from first to present.

If there is a God two thing will happen. 1) you will see your friend again. 2) that SOB in the Avalanche will have to answer for what he/she did.

David
Old 06-15-2004, 08:32 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

I am so truly sorry Jetts.

The unconditional love that a dog gives you is a gift beyond description. I can't imagine trying to console you because I know the anguish you're feeling, but please try to lighten that burden by remembering the good times.

Know too that you brought JOY to HER life! Loving her the way you did made her life a good one, and you KNOW that she recognized the love you gave her.

My best,
Dennis-
Old 06-15-2004, 08:56 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My best friend is my dog Teak (a 7 yr old female pound dog I have had since she was 4 months). She was run over (an accident) and I allmost lost her. It was the hardest thing I went through so far in my life. I think I know a little of what you are feeling... for 3 days the vet told me she was probably not going to make it. What I cant understand is how anyone could intentionally do what you descibe... just very, very sad....

Only time will allow you to "get over it" and move on, allthough you will never forget her. Just remember the good times you had, and try and carry on...

I am sure many of us feel very very bad for you, a lot of animal lovers here.

Take care,
AJC
Old 06-15-2004, 09:52 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really feel for you Jetts. It's never easy losing a buddy. And they're impossible to replace. Be comforted knowing she's in peace now. And your pain will slowly subside.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:00 PM
mvigod
Banned

My condolences on your loss. That story and those like it give me a pit in the bottom of my stomach. It makes me mad and sickened that somebody would swerve intentionally to hit an animal. I have two small pups here and like you I'm very attached to them and would take a bullet for them. There isn't much I can say to soften the blow of your loss but I agree that Karma WILL catch up to this person and they will be taken care of for the horrible thing they have done. Time will eventually help you deal with the loss but there is nothing wrong with grieving over the ones we care for.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:26 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

It's all right to feel the pain so go for it. My son came to live with me and my new wive and brought this cat called Tabby. I knew the cat and many times when I went to Ex's house it would be chained to the porch and soaked from the rain and I would pick it up and dry her and hold her till she was warm, my Ex well she never did have much compassion. when my Son moved out Tabby stayed and she was my bud big time and would follow me all over the yard like a dog would do. when I was in my shop she would jump in the window so I could see her and then I would let her in. she stayed in the shop with me and would fall asleep under the table and if I sat down she would be in my lap and crawling up my chest and then would rest her head on my shoulder and go back to sleep. she has so much love to give and when I put her downstairs for the night she wanted me to stay while she ate. Well she grew old for a cat and one night she was gone and I knew that she had gone off somewhere to die. It was 2 nights later that I told my Wive how much I would miss her and wished I could hold her one last time. It was about that time the motion light came on outside the window and I looked and there was Tabby. I picked her up and took to where she slept, fed her and went through our little routine. the next morning I went down to let her out and she looked up at me and jumped into my arms as she always did and I took her outside holding her and scratching her belly. I set her down after a big hug and she walked away, looked back at me and I smiled at her. I never saw her again as she came home to say goodbye to me and then went wherever and died.[&o] I sure do miss her and I need a damn kleenex.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:46 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

The dog in my avitar is on borrowed time, he was given four months by the vet and that was seven months ago. Diagnosed with a brain tumor and has seizures about once a month, hard to watch. I know your pain as do a lot of our fellow posters.

Nothing anyone can say will make you feel better, only time will do that. From what I know of you and your family you have had much harder times and you'll make it through this one as well. Life isn't always fair but it's better than the alternative.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:31 AM
jettstarblue

Moderators: Thanks for letting this "non R/C" subject on here.

Everyone: Rubee was born in the wilderness, (half coyote, half mutt) and trapped by the local dog warden "so she wasn't a traffic hazard".

I asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday last year, and she half jokingly said "a puppy", so I went out with one of my daughters, and found this funny looking little dog at the pound. "She's not really trainable, and half wild, and she probably won't be good with kids, other dogs, or cats" is what the lady at the pound told me. Also, "she's not very social". Well this little girl jumped right up into my arms like a little baby, and the deal was done.
I brought her home, and she instantly took a liking to us all, and yes, even the tomcat we have. In fact, they were best buds- unusually so.
We only had her 11 months. She was one of the smartest animals I ever met, which makes it all the harder. I won't try to replace her, ever.

I have to say, you all have said the right stuff, and taken the immediate horror out of the situation, for me, at least, my wife is still inconsolable.
I'm trying to think of Rubee, without thinking of her demise, and it's not working, so I'm on the RCU to divert my mind from it all.
I will go to the field alone today, and from now on, but I will go and fly today, and think of how she used to "fetch" my park flyers after landing, only with "charecter marks" on them. She let me fetch the bigger glow planes.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 06-16-2004, 06:34 AM
RCJones

I hate to interject a bit of humor here, BUT...I'm so slow that it took me a minute to figure out you were talking about a dog. I'm thinking what woman are you playing with and why would she run out into the street, and how does your wife feel about your flying buddy being a woman. My wife isn't that open.

I truly am sorry about your loss

Dave
Old 06-16-2004, 06:38 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Man that stinks! Very sorry to hear this Jetts.
Are the kids old enough to understand what has happen? Very sorry for them as well!!
As far as the driver, what goes around comes around.
Take care
Old 06-16-2004, 08:29 AM
Bruno Stachel

Sorry about your loss Jettstar. Dogs are so forgiving and loving, despite our failures. You know, the line about how they are always happy to see you. I hate to hear when people lose their dog - especially the way you did. My condolences to you and your family.

I take my lab to the field occasionally. He loves it, since there is usually someone there with a food handout. If not, an ear scratch will do. Everyone, friend or stranger, is his long lost friend. He's 12 now, and given to occasional seizures. (The vet hasn't been able to pinpoint the reason.) Otherwise, he's still active. He just quits to rest more often. Hopefully not for a long time yet; but I'll miss him.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:09 AM
lionheart

Like you, Jetts, I have lost a buddy in sort of the same way. It was so hard to get over my grief because of my anger and rage. I think if I could have gotten to the jerk that hit her, I would have literally choked him to death, slowly. River (my dog) didn't die immediately. I had to have her put down. It was horrible and one of the most wrenching things I've ever done. Even now, I am a bit teary-eyed, thinking about it. My hearfelt sympathy to you and your family, Jetts.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

I've had dogs most of my life. Sorry for your loss. Here's a great story for dog lovers.
http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/187386-1.html
Old 06-16-2004, 04:29 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

jettstarblue,
man, I really feel for you. We had our companion Shannon (a loving black and white border collie) stolen away from us way to early by pancreatitis. She was only six years old when she died. The whole family was in mourning for 4 days. It really stunk. I don't know what you did with yours, but there is a service here in town call Rainbow Bridge (never understood the meaning of the name until I read the poem above) that did cremations. We had her cremated and now she is still with us all the time. Or maybe you can sprinkle her ashes on the flying field. I'm a 39 year old man, and I was bawling by the time I got to the end of this thread. my heart goes out to you.

Right after Shannon left us I found an ad for Border Collie pups and we went to look at them. Shannon's spirit guided one little female over to us and it was instant love. That was 2 years ago and now Sashsa has totally filled our lives and hearts. I dread the day she goes (hopefully a very long long time).

My best advice to you is find a new friend. I know it's hard, but let puppy breath sooth your pain!!!!

Here's a pic of Sasha, the four-legged love of our life. And by the way, she constructed the pile of pillows behind her!!!!! doesn't she look proud of what she's done?????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77785.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	144014  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.