Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Let's talk customer support.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Let's talk customer support.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk customer support.

Over the last 4 years I have had a fair share of problems, defects and wrong shippments. I have dealt with H9, Great Planes, Futaba, and a few others. Sometimes I was satisfied and sometimes I wasn't. In every case, they definately made it difficult for me to collect even when the problem was clearly their fault.

Well, the past few days I had the pleasure of dealing with Dion AKA STLPilot from OMP. I had an issue with a product of theirs that came thru with some blemishes. Let me tell you. Never before have I seen the kind of efforts to satisfy the customer that I got from OMP. These guys are truely top notch professionals and they have earned a lifetime customer. Thanks OMP.

Check them out at [link]http://ohiomodelplanes.com[/link]
Old 06-25-2004, 09:56 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Let's talk customer support.

i deal with customers every day, building their houses, cafes and restaurants.

first thing i do on the job site is to hang up a noose for everyone to see. don't like my work? want to make a change? don't want to pay? i just pull a ladder up to the noose and tell them to climb on up.

how's that for "customer service"?

dave
Old 06-25-2004, 11:00 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Zagnut,
No problem. I'd pay you for your time showing up on the job and then invite you to leave.

My time is too valuable to waste with someone who doen't care ie "don't like my work? want to make a change? ". On the other hand everyone deserves to be paid for their work. I realise you were probably posting this as a tongue in cheek, but it rubbed me wrong.

My job daily is to support the factory floor, anyone and everyone is my boss.

I've found in dealing with customer support a little humor and understanding goes a long way. After all the job description for customer supports entails answering the phone to constant problems - sometimes it is nice to hear a cheerful "Good morning, hows the weather".

John
Old 06-25-2004, 12:14 PM
ZAGNUT

ORIGINAL: JNorton

sometimes it is nice to hear a cheerful "Good morning, hows the weather".

or " how's that noose fit? a little loose? we'll fix that right away!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

and yes JN, i'm just fooling around. just like every other contractor my customer becomes my boss and my job is to please them. and i always do.
the noose is just something i hang up for fun. i find it much more tasteful than my partner's ritual of taking a piss off the ridge beam as soon as it's lifted into place.

dave
Old 06-25-2004, 01:37 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Zagnut, you sound like the miserable SOB's that are working on my fence and deck (well, not right now they aren't, it's Friday afternoon and beer is calling them). I have a way to describe guys that have that attitude toward their customers, but this is a friendly forum and I'll leave it that way.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Cactus.

I have a way to describe guys that have that attitude toward their customers
fired?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:11 PM
beardking

That's a good start.

BTW: I'm glad to hear that OMP has such good customer service. It's nice to see every once in a while and seems to happen much less often lately.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Best customer service.. Desert Aircraft. These guys go out of their way to CALL YOU on something you want. I ordered a SINGLE Menz 18 x 8 prop, cost me like $30 shipped. It was backordered, well a month later they got them in. They personally called me to tell me they reserved one for me if I still wanted it, being a month they figured I might have already bought one. Well, they saved one just in case. 2 days later, the prop was at my house.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:42 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

I've had good luck with these:

-Servo City
-Kangke
-Just Engines (UK)

I had issues with a product from all of the above and they handled it rather well. The issues were resolved quickly and they were nice about it.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

After owning a Dave Patrick Ultimate for several years I finally had to order a replacement part. In the meantime I had read several negative and heated discussions regarding their service after the sale. Last Saturday the cowl tore/cracked and I ordered a new one over their website Saturday evening. Well low and behold there was a new cowl on my doorstep when I got home a few minutes ago. Less than a week.

Thanks Dave!
Old 06-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had some good dealings with Hobby Services and some bad for which I had to go to a higher authority to get things done. Should not have to be that way but it is. IMHO I could have a plane show up looking like it was run over by a truck and Hobby Services would make an atempt to place the blame on me to save a buck. When ever I have problems now, I totally bypass "Mr. Baxter" [sm=bananahead.gif] to get things done.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:15 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

I called SIG on Tuesday to pay for replacement torque rods and to tell them that the trailing edge stock was hard as oak. They offered to send new TE stock for free, but it was my mistake to try and epoxy the torque rods anyway. SIG sent it all free and it arrived today (Friday). This is on top of ordering the kit a few months ago. It was backordered but the lady went upstairs to look anyway, and found just one on the shelves. It arrived 2 days later to the LHS that I ordered it thru. I always heard that SIG is slow, but it ain't so.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have found Hitec service to be exceptionally good. They have repaired or replaced items at no cost even though the warrenty period has long expired. They are also quite prompt.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Nuker

I can't say enough about Hitec. Friendly, fast and efficient customer service. I recommend their product line to everyone I know. They stand behind their product AND their customers
Old 07-01-2004, 09:26 PM
hexonxonx

!!!!!!!!impeller!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:48 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

I just had a positive experience with Hitec today. They take care of you.

Joe
Old 07-01-2004, 09:53 PM
beardelight

I just had a problem with a Sig kit (Astro Hog), was missing a plastic canopy and a sheet die cut parts. Sig replaced the kit free of charge and were very helpful with everything. The new kit isn't missing any pieces. The people at Sig are awesome!!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:55 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Customer attitude+ tone of written words, or voice= direct results received from the complaint department.
99% of the time the final out-come depends on how the customer approaches the problem they have.
I know, Horizon Hobbies, Sig, Carl Goldberg, Lanier, Brison and GP have always provided me with great service.[&:]
I also know I have approched Dave Patrick,Southeastern Sail Planes, Aeroworks, the same and was, and still am disappointed in there service and attitude. [:'(].
But I can say this, it appears all distributors, manufacturers, brokers, have, or are now seeing the light and changing there approach to complants. There are just too many places to go spend our money than to have to deal with some ***** that claims there product is perfect and they can do no wrong.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Chevelle

Well I'm glad you had a good experience with Hitec because I was extremely disappointed. There is a long post about it in the Radio-Hitec section but the short version is that I bought a whole Hitec flight pack for my 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup. I was extremely careful about antenna routing, radio gear placement, and grounding and shielding because the plane is a gasser. I did all the proper range checks.

In the air, when the plane passed in front of me, it would "bounce". I was able to repeat it. On the ground, with the engine off, I could also make it happen. It would happen when the plane was directly in front of me where the transmitter antenna was almost pointing at the plane. This is of course where the transmitter signal is the weakest but the receiver should never lose the signal at that distance.

I sent it back but followed up with a call. I asked about a quick turnaround because I had an event coming up and did not have a spare. I was assured that there would be no problem and that they would get to it as soon as it arrived. I asked for a replacement but they said no. I bought the pack in March but didn't put it in the plane until June. They said that was too long. (I packed it perfectly with everything included.)

The receiver oscillator was incorrectly tuned which lowered its sensitivity. Because they had it for several days before looking at it, there was no way I would get it back in time with normal shipping. They would overnight it only if I paid for it. The receiver was $50. I was already into it for an additional $15 to ship it the first time. I didn't want to add another $33 for overnighting it and I thought it quite appropriate that they pick that up since it was poor quality control on their part that caused this in the first place. No dice. If they had just sent out a replacement, it would have been the least expensive all the way around.

Nope. Considering I could have lost a very expensive plane to poor quality control, not to mention the six months that I spent building it, and the lack of a modest consideration for the inconvenience, I'm done with Hitec.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:53 PM
darryl123
My Feedback: (8)

i just recived my transmiter back from hitec that i pluged the battery in wrong and fried a transistor, nothing of hitecs fault. it was a fast 5 day turnaround and no charge for the repair. good service from hitec!
Old 07-04-2004, 08:15 AM
RCPilot100

I have to add kudos to Gerhard at Aircraft International and Bart at Die Hard Graphics.

I bought some parts from Gerhard last fall and finally got around to putting them on several weeks ago - Gerhard was great in responding to my questions and all worked out. I decided to order more from him - called on a Monday while traveling and had the stuff delievered on Wednesday.

I bought a set of graphics from Die Hard about 18 month ago for a 1/3 Edge 340 T. Just as I am finishing the plane now, I find that the wing graphics are scaled wrong. I send Bart a note and pictures saying they just don't look right - Bart asks me what I think they should be size wise - a week later they show up no charge - and look just fantastic.

These are two people I will definately deal with again.

Dan
Old 07-04-2004, 08:50 AM
IronCross

I have had nothing but great service from Tower and Hobby Services... Over the years I have had a couple of issues with orders sent to me from Tower.. They have bent over backwards to rectify the situation... I received one of these "run over" looking ARF's and Hobby Services replaced it, no problem. Even paid the shipping etc.. Of course that was when AMC was there...
Vector Flight is another great one.. They probably have the best customer service I have seen yet. I have yet to wait more then a few hours for an email reply from them and it dosen't seem to matter when you send it.. They appear to be 24/7.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If Hitec would also replace the planes that are lost because of some of their products, I would agree that they have great service. But not until then.

Other than that, my hats' off to SWB, Horizon, DA, Troybuilt, Brison, and Wild Hare.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:02 AM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

I am going to also agree with the first post. OMP (Ohio Model Products) has great customer service. I needed to get permission to return an item that wasn't just right and Dion Cini was great gentleman deal with. He even let me exchange the item for something different they sell. Dion apologized to me several time for my inconvenience even though the problem wasn't something in OMP's control. OMP has great aircraft kits and service and I will certainly be spending my money with them again.
Dion, thanks again for being so understanding and working with me on my last transaction.