The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Patriot, F-20 , Kougar, GP F-15, GP F-14

Old 07-13-2002, 03:33 AM
eliav-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Patriot, F-20 , Kougar, GP F-15, GP F-14

This pole was created for you to share your opinion on which one of the 5 planes above is the best in these four subjects...
Which one? Ummmmmmmmmm.......

1. Speed
2. Speed
3. how much to Scale jet looks
4. Flying capability's
Old 07-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What are you looking for?

* I tell it like it is, no politics The F-20 and Patriot fly about the same with the same engine and if yu use retracts. I have seen the F-14 and Kougar. The engine is the key here. A guy installed a ST .90 on an F-14. Why? He ran a stock muffler. You have nothing impressive here . it was a flying pig

My F-20 with a .40 Mvvs will blow right by a F-14 running a stupid G90. But i own a G 90 on a P-51 and it screams. The right combination is what you want.

You get a pane that is rated at a .40-60. Okay most .90s now have the same case size so go with it.

You want to save time and have a nice hot plane? Get the Ultra Sport ARF .40, throw in a YS.45 with a pipe or something with a pipe. Scream this combo around for a while and then move on.

As I recall, your building a Patriot. Okay, Throw in a basic 46fx to get the feel of the plane for a while, then step up and put in a Jett.50. Also Consider the new OS50 sx but with a pipe or you have nothing.

Remember when a trainer was too fast and now look. Same here. Cruise your patriot around for a while on a reliable cheap engine, then this winter throw in the muscle.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:05 AM
eliav-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I already have an ultra sport ARF with a tower .46 and a 10x6 prop and retracts... It goes pretty fast but no vertical and out of a dive it goes 100-130.. And I talking a big dive... Shes a good plane and all but she doesn't satisfy a 15 1/2 year old boy thirst for speed... I have been flying now for 2 yrs and have been doing low upside down passes, knife edges and many other crazy stuff... But I'm really looking to experience high speed and I was debating on weather to go with a jett 50 with a 9x8 prop or a jett 60L with the same prop. I probably wont go with the jett 60L because it will be a little to temper-mental with an enormous amount of RPM and will probably burnt out realu fast if i don't make it really rich... What do you think about the jett 50 and the 9x8 prop. I think that I will reach speeds of 130-140mph strait and level and then maybe 160mph out of a dive..

What do you think?????
Old 07-14-2002, 02:52 AM
Dave Barrow-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If all your looking for is speed, get a Diamond Dust and put a hot .46-.51 engine in it with a tuned pipe. If you want a jet like look, my Patriot is quick with Como.51 and tuned pipe, the F-15 & F-14 from Great Planes are dogs, the kouger is ok, I haven't flown the F-20.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:07 AM
eliav-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for helping..

Today I as at the field and saw a guy named Dominic (a regular) fly a Kobra (the Kougars little brother) with a jett 50. OOOOhhh my god that thing was so fast. the total weight is about 4-5 pounds and it must have been going over 190mph strait and level... It was crazy....
Old 07-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Okay, now I know where were at here. Looks like the Jett .50 is the answer to whatever plane you decide but you will pay for it.

Sure you could go Diamond Dust but a Shrike looks alot more like a airfoil plane. This thing I have below is the .40 size. I only run a 46pro and a tuned muffler with a 9/7 apc. Here at 5000ft, I am getting around 125mph. I am going to build another this winter and "bash" it. Should look great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	17759_8393.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	11310  
Old 07-15-2002, 05:00 PM
ramcharger

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I flew a Shrike 40 with a YS 45 (side exhaust) with a Tru-Turn spinner and Ultra Thrust muffler. It was radared at 134 mph on the down wind leg. I later bought the plane for about nothing except it didn't include the TT spinner or the UT muffler. I flew the thing 4 or 5 times when it wasn't mine and it still hangs in the garage and has never been flown since I bought it. The YS ran really well and not sure what size prop is on it except I know its a APC.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Eliav,

In this and other threads that you have initiated, we have collectively told you what setup you need in order to go fast but you keep asking the same question. For jet like looks, the Patriot will probably be the fastest with the Jett .50 due to the fact that it has a greater degree of wing sweep than the others mentioned here. Build it, put the Jett .50 in it and be done with it.

I think you will find it to be quite a handful if it lives to see more than just a few flights.

Let's see how committed to speed you are. Buy any one of the QM.40 airframes that are available, power it with a Nelson .40 QM engine and you will truly know the meaning of speed.

If you do these things, you will have the speed you seek. If you don't do them, then please do not ask us over and over what will go fast. Don't get me wrong, many of us love to talk about things that go fast. It is just that you seem to be covering the same ground that has already been answered before. Maybe even several times.

Build one of these things, fly it and let us know how it comes out.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:54 PM
eliav-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:46 AM
WRXlovr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yea really,you need to chill d00d
Old 07-19-2002, 03:28 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The only plane of the group I have not flown is the Gp-f14. the cougar is the best overall plane in that group, in my humble opinion.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:26 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Patriot

With a YS-45 and tuned pipe..

nuff said,