Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Janesville, WI Fields and Shops???

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Janesville, WI Fields and Shops???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Snyperx
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Janesville, WI Fields and Shops???

I just relocatd to the Janesville, WI area and was wondering if anyone knows any local area fileds? Also, does nayone know of a good R/C hobby shops that are close? I would prefer a field that is local and not have to drive to Madison or Rockford to fly. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:49 AM
76.ta
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Janesville, WI Fields and Shops???

Snyperx,
Welcome to WI. I live on the other side of madison from you. I have flown in madison and rockford but have not flown in Janesville. Sorry I can't help you out but just wanted to welcome you!
Roy
Old 07-03-2004, 11:04 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 76.ta

Snyperx,
Welcome to WI. I live on the other side of madison from you. I have flown in madison and rockford but have not flown in Janesville. Sorry I can't help you out but just wanted to welcome you!
Roy
And I'm in Milwaukee. If you ever are in town and need anything, let me know.

Welcome.

Joe
Old 07-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

If I'm not mistaken, they're called the Blackhawk RCers. I went to their big bird fly in a few years ago. If I remember right it was at a little field about 7-9 miles south west of Janesville. There used to be a good hobby shop right down town. Sorry I don't have any current info, I'm north of Madison too, but my Grandfather lived in Janesville and we would hang out at the Airport. This is over 5 years ago now, but I sat in a P-40 that was being restored and we went across the road to another hangar and there was an Oskosh award winning Beech Stagarwing there. Fun times. If you ever get up this way, look me up and bring a plane.

Jeff
Old 07-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

There is a flying field in the Janesville area. I joined it for one summer to only fly there but 3 time, then choose the field behind my moms house. Its a nice group of people there. If you go to a hobby shop in janesville, its on the edge of town heading twords footville and Orfordville. Its a small shop, but full. Wish i could remember more about it, but it was about 3 years ago. Its not to far from the Janesville airport, My stepdad took my up in a cessna, we flew over it and saw the planes flying, looks funny. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:17 PM
pudnhead

Hello. The place in janesville is called The Hobby Shop. It is on W. Court St. on the south side of the street about 2 doors down from the Blockbuster video store. There is a rc airplane club that operates in a field south of town near the power plant on townline road. My dads friend is a member of the club & I'll get you more info on the club if you like. If you are interested in checking out some real planes, vintage, cubs, champs, pete-n-poles ect. stop on out to the airport in Broadhead wi. It's almost like an aircraft meusium. My dad has a Kitfox that is hangered there. Have a good day. Randy.[8D]