Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How many people has RCU banned in 3 years? Find out here

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How many people has RCU banned in 3 years? Find out here

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:26 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many people has RCU banned in 3 years? Find out here

I decided to see just how "trigger happy" we were here in terms of censorship at RCU so I ran a report to tell me the total number of banned users on the site. Are you curious what that number is? Well here are the stats:

Total Banned usernames in 3 years since the doors opened is: 242
Total Members registered: 107,649

Of these 242 banned usernames about 50-60 I estimate are by users who rejoined under aliases and we rebanned them. The kingpin of that being vittoria of italy who has over a dozen now.

If you back out the 50 dupes you are left with about 190 real banned users out of 107,649 registered users which is just .17%

This means that 1 out of every 566 people who joined RCU has been banned for breaking the rules or causing trouble. Not bad...
Old 07-08-2004, 09:58 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: How many people has RCU banned in 3 years? Find out here

And if it weren't for "Car Guys" that number would drop to about 7.

Just kidding.

But seriously, something else worth mentioning is that in the time I've been with RCU, MOST of the people I have seen banned were NOT regular members. They were the type of people who find a site (Any site), and start posting disgusting pictures or posting profanity etc just to have a laugh.

Their "Menbership" lasts for about 3 minutes.

And the "Regular members" who were banned were only done so as a last resort after being given several chances of making ammends.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:37 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point Minnflyer. Trolls causing problems just for the sake of causing problems have no place here.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:45 AM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

yeah but itty (vittoro) was funny! I think he should of stayed on as the RCU jester. Everyone of his posts made me laugh. I don't know if he was doing it on purpose or just blind stupidity. I am sure he'll be back though.

sean
Old 07-08-2004, 11:49 AM
mvigod
Banned

Sean,

I don't know what the deal is with Vittorio. He did ask to come back but the level of immaturity and persistence on his part has me concerned that he can be a good contributor here or just disruptive.

Also of other note a chunk of users that have been banned at one point or another have been let back into RCU under the condition that they follow the rules. The bulk of them remain in good standing and are good contributors here.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:56 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Mark, you crack me up, this is the first forum where it is advertising how many members have been banned. SO WHAT. Who cares but to those you like to create turmoil in the first place.
How does this thread look to new potential members surfing to join an RC fourm?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Kaos Rulz

Good stats Mark! To maintain a site, such as this, with integrity and professional attitudes is to be applauded. Mark and the moderators have my thanks and appreciation for jobs well done.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:26 PM
lionheart

I think the POINT is; the OVERWHELMING number of people that post in here are good, well-intentioned people. Thank, you Marc and the Mods for the "pat ont the back"! Right back at ya, fellas!
Old 07-08-2004, 01:37 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: lionheart

I think the POINT is; the OVERWHELMING number of people that post in here are good, well-intentioned people. Thank, you Marc and the Mods for the "pat ont the back"! Right back at ya, fellas!

Lionheart - You are correct. That is exactly my point. This is not an "advertisement" but rather to show how must here on RCU are good contributors sharing information. There are a small handful of trolls who cause trouble and this number reflects just how few there are PLUS illuminates that there is not a tremendous amount of censorship on the site. Any banning is done with great consideration and only as a last resort.

We have nothing to hide here and some members may be interested to know this statistic for whatever reason and for those who don't they can certainly turn the dial. I do share various site statistics from time to time as many find them of interest.

ScottRC - if we are the first forum to ever disclose this number that is great. I love being first, unique and original To answer your question if a new member reads this thread they can see clearly that out of 107,000 members that most are "good guys" here and that RCU is a friendly and informative place to learn and share ideas about the radio control hobby.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Yeah Marc keep up the good work. Are you finally slowing down at least on the website? Not work 20 hours a day to maintain it.[8D]
Old 07-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Texas 3D

242 is not a very high number considering all the users RCU has. What I don't understand is why a nice guy like Mike Bogh get's banned from this site ? [&o] Because he has a RC related business now ? Oh well, you probably have your reasons and know more details.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:59 PM
mvigod
Banned

Ulf - I actually emailed Bogh a few days back with a way he could get back onto RCU if he wanted to but never heard back. The short story is that he acquired product from a vendor under the guise that he was doing a review on it for RCU (which he was NOT). This was a lie he made to dupe the vendor into getting the product for free. He got the product and the vendor found out they got duped. Mike told a flat out lie to get the product for free and I removed him as moderator and banned him. He also told the vendor that he needed some planes for a fun fly giveaway or something but took those planes and sold them and kept the cash. Not very honest IMHO.

As I said I emailed him a way for him to get back on RCU. I told him that the vendor wrote it off but that wasn't good enough for me. He is still in the wrong for what he did. I made the offer that if he donates money to the Humane Society in the amount that he duped from the vendor that I would let him back on PLUS I would match a half of what he donated in advertising credits here on RCU. How odd that he has not responded to my emails.....
Old 07-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

Marc, I applaude you fro your work at RCU. I only wish more forum mods (on other sites) were as open with information as you are.
[8D]
As for Mr. Bogh's situation, it sounds as tho he could be held legally responsible for such fraudulent actions, either by RCU or the vendors themselves.[sm=punching.gif]

Keep up the good work, this site rocks!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:10 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

How odd that he has not responded to my emails.....
huh?

if what you wrote (for all to see) is true i don't think he would be welcome back with open arms. no amount of restitution can turn a scumbag into a nice guy, IMHO

dave
Old 07-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Texas 3D

Marc, I did not know that. You are right that was not correct, and I really hope he makes up for it.
He has always treated me right as well as all the people I have seen him communicate with and I still think that he is a nice guy and hopefully clarifies things up and decides to come back to RCU.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Spaceclam

vitto drives me up the wall. ok, by nature i am not a bright and shiny person and so he barges into my perfectly evil conversation with bright multicolor sentences, jokes that are just plane dumb, 9 or 10 different font sizes, and he finishes off the job with one of those annoying sun-smily thingies that blink and then sprout litle squiggly lines everywhere and opens up this big, dumb grin and it doesnt stop. the other thing i do not get it he keeps registering under different names so he can get back in but those things like the multicolor sentences, the constant refferences to italy and the smiling sun give him away every time. if he is going to register under a different name, he might as well be clever about it and have at least one user name where he does not do it and subsequently does not get banned from.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Live Wire

Some great posts here
Old 07-08-2004, 10:59 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

What about Fred? Is he gonna be allowed back in when they let him out of the looney bin?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:08 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ummm, I think Fred is probably in a safe place, with plenty of meds, and a friendly staff. He probably won't get access to a computer until he gets day passes.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Spaceclam

who is this fred, what did he do, and where did they lock him up?
Old 07-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

I'll bet that Fred is still here
Old 07-09-2004, 02:37 AM
Mhale71

you might be fred, i might be fred, we will never know.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:24 AM
aimmaintenance

I'm not Fred, but I will take this opportunity to publically applaud and thank ADMIN for gettin rid of "lowwing".
I don't think the guys intent was always wrong, it's just when ya ticked him off, he took it to the MAX!
Old 07-09-2004, 05:33 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I kinda miss being a called a servo swappin, AMA bashin, left wing commie. I wonder is he worked for Sen. McCarthy?
ORIGINAL: BasinBum

What about Fred? Is he gonna be allowed back in when they let him out of the looney bin?
Old 07-09-2004, 06:29 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Hate to be a pain but your numbers are not quite correct, 190 is .00176% of 107,649,
*** 190 divided by 107649= .001764995, way less than 1% and a hell of a lot less than .17%
Better than you thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.