Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Who is going to Napoleon's night fly?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Who is going to Napoleon's night fly?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Mike Bell
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is going to Napoleon's night fly?

They are renting stadium lights for the event.
The night fly is July 20th starting at 2:00 PM. the hog roast starts at 5:30 PM with open flying till dusk, then the lights come on, and stay on till the last bird is down.
I was there a couple weeks ago with some friends.....REAL nice place and folks IMO and would love to see some of my RCU buddies there!
Bring a tent or you camper. They have power and restroom facilities but no running water.

Mike
Old 07-17-2002, 11:50 PM
easy2fly
My Feedback: (3)

if i didnt have anything else goin on i would go but im gonna be at a fly in in tiffin
Old 07-18-2002, 08:53 AM
Mike Bell

It was a real tough decision between Tiffin and Napoleon for me.
Tiffin was a real good time last year. One of the nicest runways I have ever flown off. If we were to go this year I was surely going to take my float plane for the pond.....
I got so turned around coming home it was scary! Getting there was easy but the trip back....Wow!
We thought about doing Tiffin Saturday am and heading for Napoleon early afternoon but the setting up and tearing down not to mention the miles and time on the road with an antique motor home would have made it a job instead of fun for the family.

Mike
Old 07-21-2002, 02:15 AM
easy2fly
My Feedback: (3)

how was it? the tiffin fly in went good and we had a full scale cherokee buzz the runway.
Old 07-21-2002, 05:10 PM
Mike Bell

Bout a gazilion people there......
I am guessing 100 or so pilots and the rest of the folks were guests and spectators.

We were all talking flying till 4 am. About 1 am I hit the motor home and looked out about 2 and the lights were out, guess we wimped out

They turned the lights out for an hour or so for total darkness flying.

There were a flock of Zaggi's with lites on em. Every now and then one would go down and it was real neat to watch them!
Kinda like a star wars movie or something.

Dave and Jim had a couple awesome lighted helis

The food was more than great and I can tell you with all honesty I have never met a group more of a pleasure to be around!

The show was VERY were organized.

There were some fine pilots and several nuts. (A few were friends of mine but don't tell anyone please) A couple guys brought planes just for corn runs! Every seen a little overpowered speed demon pull up an inch to late and hit 7' high corn? Funny as heck with someone elses plane!

Darren Eaton took his 35% Carden Edge up in the lights. What a show that was!

I just got home and have several things to do but I would like to thank:
Jeff, Cork, Chris, Dean, Shannon, Dennis, Tom, Gene, Jim, Dave, Kim and all the Thistle Downs folks for another great time and the hard work they put into the event.(Wish I could remember all their names)
OOPS! Also Andrew, the torque rolling 4 year old!

Some pics will come soon..

Mike