The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

CLARK CO. RC'rs UP-DATE 7/18/02 PLEASE READ

Old 07-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default CLARK CO. RC'rs UP-DATE 7/18/02 PLEASE READ

Hi guy's, No big long winded story today about my lesson's, as I have'nt been back to the flying field. But have plan's for Sunday, And this is Thursday so ONLY THREE DAY's TO GO!! I have come to the realization that my instructor, Dave, is obviously one of the greatest RC pilot's around.Here is why I say this, (I'm NOT MAKING THIS UP NEITHER) During my second trip to the field, on the second flight, on roll-out to take off.( NOTE: THE FIELD SURROUNDING OUR STRIP HAD JUST BEEN CUT & BAILED) My G-P cub veard to the right and lifted off. Before any altitude could be gained it actually DOINKED!! off the top of a bial of hay and kept flying. WOW!! I said. The plane did'nt even flinch but I could hear the gear give out that sound of , BOING!!! I looked at Dave and said. YOU, THAT, IT JUST, WHAT WAS THAT? Ah , you mean you never seen a carrier landing, or a touch & go.Well it was'nt until later that i came the realization that this guy had skill's. Just look at the photo's and see for your self.Just when I thought I'd seen the maximum of RC flight maneuvers. Greg, his son and my new RC flying buddy had his P-51 in the air. Got a problem dad, he yell's,Dave took over the control's to find that only one side of the landing gear dropped on final approach.Now I don't know how often this happens at your flying field but it was a sight to see. Dave brought in the mustang,and with a little adverse yaw, set her down on the one remaining strut, applying opposite ail. till she slow'd down enough to gently drop on the wing tip and do a half circle skid to stop. Only minor scratches on the bottom of the wing tip.OK now I wondered about the bail of hay touch & go until his pilot skill & savvy were put to the test during the P-51 emergency landing. DAVE YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST I've EVER SEEN I'm lucky to have you for an instructor & friend. (NOTE: Dave is clearly waiting for the grass to be bailed, before take-off)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	18131_4849.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	11575  
Old 07-18-2002, 06:02 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HERE IT IS

IT TAKES A COOL HEAD TO MAKE THIS LANDING, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ANY SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	18145_4849.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	11576