Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I just couldn't do it.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 10:38 AM
MerlinL14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just couldn't do it.

I dropped a screwdriver through the wing of my BH Tornado (dumb move I know) and didn't have any white covering. I just can not bring myself to go to the LHS for some as I know that there are 2 aircraft there that I 'must' have. I can not afford them really but they are 'must haves' on my list of things. Has anybody else ever had that feeling?

p.s. The blue patch dosen't look that bad on the wing LOL.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:43 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I just couldn't do it.

Cell phone fell out my shirt pocket, broke through the sheeting on the wing root..... know the feeling? Man, that's the time the Mastercard and Visa begin their "Sirens' Song".
Old 07-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i patch up with diamond tape or stickers. or any scraps of film i have left, i always keep the scraps
Old 07-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you need to drop something a little bigger through the wing to get better motivated!
Old 07-31-2004, 12:06 PM
MerlinL14

The motivation is there, its what the wife would say that is stopping me. The money is there, but I have too many airplane ATM to justify 2 more to her. I haven't past my BMFA 'A' certificate yet and I have 7 planes in my 'hanger'. LOL
Old 07-31-2004, 07:13 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I HATE dropping things on my wings !!!!!!!!!!!! [:@]
Old 08-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Last year a newbie showed up at the field for me to train and on inspection of his shiny new plane I noticed the pushrods where not cut at the z-bends on the ailerons and would interfeare so I got the cutters out and snipped off the first and the end shot strait up..... OOPS well 30 seconds later I was snipping the second one and the first one came down and stuck piont first right in the wing 2 inches from my hand.... He still picks on me for poking a hole in his wing (Lesson learned... ALWAYS hold the end of a pushrod your cutting [X(] )

Dauntae
Old 08-01-2004, 06:37 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a danger to myself when I get in the hobby shop. I go in for what I need then my eyes start to wander. Doesn't matter where or what I am looking at, just that I think there must be 'something' that I need other than what I am there for. I look over all the kits and ARF's on the shelves around the shop, look at the parts, the tools, etc. It's the same feeling I get in a hardware store, but much stronger. I know I am running out of storage room in my garage, but am thinking ...hmm I do have a spare bed room now that my son is away at college....hmm if I get an exhaust fan for the window, maybe I can move my shop to his room....oh I got as bad as you. However, I would bite the bullet and go get the right color of covering. After all, we addicts need our fixes...you wouldn't want to go through withdrawl would you. Oh...watch out for those flashbacks too!.... I mean look at me, 06:30am on a Sunday morning, I could be sleeping, but nooooo....I am here on RCU reading threads....lol
Old 08-01-2004, 08:31 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

I have a bad habit of passing items over my planes, I have had screwdrivers, glow ignitor, transmitters, pit bull puppy (long story) fall on my wings/fuse I guess I will never learn...
Old 08-01-2004, 09:08 AM
Zpat
My Feedback: (2)

I guy fell on my airplane.
A .40 sized Sukhoi that I was setting up. I had just arrived at the field and was preparing for the 5th flight. The next thing I know was that he was walking backward doing a range check and fell on top of my airplane.
Needless to say, I put that 5th flight on the back burner and wondered what I was going to do for an airplane since that was the only one I had that was flying. I believe that airplane was the 8th fatality of the season. I had some spectacular crashes. Foam bounced 6 foot high.
After I was released from therapy I was presented with a Pizzaz that I had a lot of fun with.