The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What happened to rcplanet.com???

Old 07-22-2002, 05:05 PM
seafury_fb11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What happened to rcplanet.com???

Anyone else hosting their site on rcplanet? I have my old site and my main email account there. They suddenly disappeared on Friday and haven't come back up since. I'm not that worried about my site bacause I have all the pages stored locally, but I have some important email up there that I need to get at.

I've been trying to figure out who to call, but I don't have a tech support number and since www.rcplanet.com is no longer available, I can't get one.

I did a "whois" search on rcplanet and found the following info:

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Walker, Edward (EW1166) geek@EDWARDWALKER.COM
TopGeek Productions
722 Brookfield
Garland, TX 75040
US
940-367-0709
972-414-5677

The first phone number is no longer available (what a surprise!!).

The second phone number is for a paint ball shop. The guy there knows Edward Walker and said he would try to get in touch with him and have him call me (shall I hold my breath while I wait).

What does one do in a case like this?

Russ.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:33 PM
NCBrit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: What happened to rcplanet.com???

Originally posted by seafury_fb11
Anyone else hosting their site on rcplanet? I have my old site and my main email account there. They suddenly disappeared on Friday and haven't come back up since. I'm not that worried about my site bacause I have all the pages stored locally, but I have some important email up there that I need to get at.

I've been trying to figure out who to call, but I don't have a tech support number and since www.rcplanet.com is no longer available, I can't get one.

I did a "whois" search on rcplanet and found the following info:

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Walker, Edward (EW1166) geek@EDWARDWALKER.COM
TopGeek Productions
722 Brookfield
Garland, TX 75040
US
940-367-0709
972-414-5677

The first phone number is no longer available (what a surprise!!).

The second phone number is for a paint ball shop. The guy there knows Edward Walker and said he would try to get in touch with him and have him call me (shall I hold my breath while I wait).

What does one do in a case like this?

Russ.
Move!
Old 07-23-2002, 01:49 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I believe they were afiliated with RCOnline which no longer exists. The basics of RCOnline was sold to RCAirport. They did not get much more than the name and I doubt they could be of much help.

Good Luck finding a new home for your Website and I hope you have backups of everything.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:29 PM
seafury_fb11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had already moved my site so I could have my own domain name. Unfortunately, the webmail client on the new host was so bad is was basically unusable. I finally dropped that host and moved my site again. My new host has a better webmail client, but I just got it setup and was getting ready to start using it as my main email.

The webmail client I had with rcplanet was really good and I had been using it for quite a while. They basically gave me no warning - just pulled the plug last week and that was it. I liked keeping my mail up on the server because I could get at it from anywhere. If you use Outlook then you are a sitting duck for scripting viruses. I suppose I will have to find some other client program and download my mail to my local machine from now on.

Russ.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:43 PM
MalcolmL

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Don't know about rcplanet but RC Online IS back online again in a new format - I've just been looking at it. MalcolmL
Old 07-25-2002, 04:14 PM
seafury_fb11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually, my site and email came back up sometime Tuesday. Gee, only down for 4 days!!! Now the login screen has a different look. Obviously they had taken the site down to do an upgrade. It would have been nice to have had a heads-up. :boxing: I was already in the process of looking for a new host for my email. Had I found one, they would have lost a customer.

Russ.