Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Making/Purchasing Decals for covering?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Making/Purchasing Decals for covering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making/Purchasing Decals for covering?

I'm at a loss here when it comes to how/where/create decals, Is there by chance a place out there that I can have them custom made? Do I use a personal printer to make them and if so how durable are they?

I'm not even sure if a printer would work depending on how large the decal needs to be. Is there differnet types of decal paper?

Thanks
Blackie
Old 08-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Making/Purchasing Decals for covering?

Yes, there are different types of decal paper, differnet types of printer, sealer, etc. e.g. see http://www.decalpaper.com/

Possibly the biggest issue you will face, is that most "regular" printers don't print white ink, so a white background decal paper is used instead of a clear background. That's fine if you don't mind the whole decal being "filled in", but is not ideal for many uses.

There are a few white-ink printers around, but I haven't yet found a suitable one that I like.

Gordon
Old 08-02-2004, 02:00 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also check the yellow pages for a local sign making shop. Most of them can make custom Vinyl graphics
Old 08-02-2004, 02:17 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Minn, you said it!

Sign printers usually cut vinyl and you can get some pretty complicated lookign designs done, and also, they are large!! So you can get eth whole Logo in one piece. Also, teh colours you can get is pretty amazing!! liek reflective stuff, and various 'safety' colours.