Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I4C Load Testor

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I4C Load Testor

I saw this here on one of the banner ads. At one time i was looking for what this might be able to do. Can this thing tell me if my battery charged up overnight a it's capacity of 2200mah or if it only gave me 1000mah?
Old 08-04-2004, 07:56 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I4C Load Testor

I have the I4C voltage tester. As the name states, it tests voltage. It won't tell you if you pack has been peaked to capacity, unless you become familiar with what voltage that is. It tests with no load, 1/2 amp, 1 amp or 1.5 amps. It's a quality unit.

If you want to test the capacity of the pack you'll need to cycle it.

What I didn't like was that the lead was only 6 inches long or so. Too short to be comfortable. I opened the case and soldered in an 18 inch, 22 gauge JR (it was Futaba) lead in. I would have rather have had a port that I could plug whatever lead I wanted into.

If I had it to do again I would bought the Duralite unit. It has the exact same functions but has a miniplug connection for your own leads and it's the same price.

The I4C is a very nice unit and the I4C people are great to deal with, I just wanted a bit more flexibility. I am still using my I4C tester and will continue to until it fails. Given it's construction....that will be a while.