Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Wanted Free Plans

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:22 AM
mrchriswood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted Free Plans

I am wanting to build a database of plans free to members for those long winter months.
I am from the UK and our winters last most of the year,so plenty of time in the workshop.

What i am after is any drawings/plans of any aircraft from basic to large scale and jets etc, that i can give out freely.Anything will do as our hobby is dominated by kits and there are alot of people who would welcome the chance to scratch build.

Any help would be greatly recived.

Regards

Chris Wood Email: [email protected]
Old 08-09-2004, 12:30 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Wanted Free Plans

Our winters are longer than yours!! and we get cold, so cold teh rain is snow! But it is easier to fly in / off snow than rain!

There is an extencive list in teh 'scratch build' forum (a skicky) on where to get free 'downloable' plans. Some are copyrighted, and some would like permision to use / post their plans... have fun!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:31 PM
dr_wogz

Where's Huffersfeild in relation to Grosmont / River Esk / Whitby? Where my Dad is from...
Old 08-09-2004, 05:26 PM
mrchriswood

Hi thanks Dr-wogz,thanks for info.
Huddersfield is in west yorkshire 20 miles out of leeds and 35 miles out of york.Whitby is about 50 miles from us and we often take the kids there.Nice,but very small town not much to do except walk on the beach and collect fossils.
Thanks again for info

Chris Wood
Old 09-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Sativa

Hi Dr Wogz, please can you tell me where I can find the scratch build forum, I have just moved to Van and want to build something as am not ready to fly just yet, need to sort the maac and club membership puls headed into winter...

thanks
Old 09-23-2004, 08:37 AM
dr_wogz

The scratiching forum should be down teh list a bit. Back out of this one, then scoll down teh list of forums. It's "Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD "

Many good things there, there' a sticky with 'free plans' and featrues a tonne of web sites with plans & such.

I love Van. Remember to Hike teh Cheif, and teh Grousses Grind at least once. Head up to Brackendale (just north of Squamish) durign teh 'spawning' (salmon spawning) and binrg your camera. You shoud get some amazing wildlife / nature shots.

And look up Norburn Hobbies. It';s around the Lougheed & Willingdon area.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:51 AM
mpalermo

I think this is what you are looking for...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Scra...mid_174/tt.htm

Mike
Old 10-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Sativa

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.....there is a big to do and go see list, but once we are fully settled will really explore Vancouver properly.

cheers