Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

see this e e mail this F$%^& sent me

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

see this e e mail this F$%^& sent me

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:50 PM
salmon
My Feedback: (114)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default see this e e mail this F$%^& sent me

Good Day ...

I'm glad to hear from and thanks for the picture, The payment will get to you in cashier's check of $5.000.within some days .So you are required to deduct cost of your BME 100 $700, whenever payment gets to you kindly refund balance of $4,300 to my shipper via western union money transfer for him to be able to offset shipping charges. After payment has reached you and balance sent back to him,my agent will arrive immediately for the pick up and drive to a prepaid shipper and the BME 100 shipped to me while title papers and other necessary documets will be handed over to him at the time of pick up.

Please Confirm this and provide Nameto be on check, Address and Phone Number for check payment to be delivered to you via courier service.

Sincerely Yours,
S.Jones..
Old 08-18-2004, 06:55 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: see this e e mail this F$%^& sent me

at least the other scamers offer to let you keep $100 for your troubles. this guy sounds cheap...

dave
Old 08-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Righty

There seems to be alot of this going around...
Old 08-18-2004, 07:36 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have a title of ownership on your engines??? wow, i didnt know that. do they need to be registered and insured in your state also?? lol. what a dum@$$. Such a cheesy was to make some $$$. i am proud to spend my own hard earned moeny on my models. Gives me some satisfaction knowing that all i own and have are a result of my own hard work and dedication. Pisses me off when i see people trying to steal someone elses hard work. Such a cheap and pathetic way to live.

sean
Old 08-19-2004, 09:05 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait for his agent to show up, and have the FBI there to meet him. That or guido to break his arms and legs! That would be fun also.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:50 AM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

It seems like this kind of thing as happening more and more often on RCU every other day you hear of some *ickhead trying to scam someone out of both plane and money. I would invite this idiot round to my place if it was me and let him talk to MR Punch and MRS boot someone that try's to pull this s*&@ gets right under my skin
Old 08-19-2004, 11:58 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

I think some of you missed the boat on this one, nobody shows up. Has anyone offered up their name and address to get the check? We all know the check won't be good but if you don't send the balance he could always say he stopped payment.

I suppose someone must be gullible enough to fall for this scam because we are seeing it more and more. How about it Marc, has anyone on RCU fallen for this?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:41 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oopps, thought you were giving the money to the agent. I missed the western union part. People must fall for it like you said though BB. Its amazing how people fall for crap like this. Unfortunate!
Old 08-19-2004, 01:56 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

"Gee, I don't know any better, nor do I know who or what to ask. This seems a little too good.. And you seem like a perfectly honest stranger, why shoudn't I trust you? Here is my bank account, and my social insurance number, just in case you need them as well..."

"That Mr. Smith was a very nice man. And in 3-6 weeks, I'll be richer!"

Predetors who feed on the ignorant and the uneducated should be hunted down, and shot on sight... Ditto for Spammers
Old 08-20-2004, 07:56 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The worse one I have seen are the ones that prey on the un-employed. They hire you through the big on-line employment websites as an import / export agent to recieve goods, then turn around and ship them again. Then you receive a check through direct deposit for the goods+shipping+your wages, then you pay the original seller and shipping agent (note agent, not the actual shipping company since they have been pre-paid by the "agent") and you keep the rest. Except, the check is bad, and they also, as a condition of employement, asked for your account number so they can pay you by "direct deposit" and they instead clean out your account. Then to top it off, when an investigation occures, all trails lead to you so your the one the FBI is hauling off to jail on charges of fraud.

Nice guys eh?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:48 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Hey guys, this same email came to me , I was trying to sell a fourstar120 and he sent me this( by the way I will take 175 dollars ARC for it) saying he would have his shipper pick the plane up and I would receive a check for 2500 dollars and I was to take 175 and take another 100 dollars out for the trouble and money order him the remaining balance,, I was suspicious from the start so I told him I would think about... same dude[:@]
Old 08-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Cactus.

if just one poor sod out of 1000 falls for it they get what they want.

why arn't goverments comming down hard on these jerks?
Old 08-21-2004, 09:09 AM
mvigod
Banned

FBI doesn't deal with this. THe Secret Service does and they told us there is nothing they can or will do about it. So sellers beware.

My advice. Tell them ok that you will do the deal. Let them fedex overnight you the check then dump it in the trash. At least that way you scam them into spending 20 bux to overnight you the check! If enough people do this they will start losing money and stop. In the meantime no federal law enforcement agency will do anything to followup on these guys.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:19 AM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

so basically these people are being allowed to scam other people and get away with it? I see what our government and taxes are doing for their citizens. They could care less if we are getting ripped off out of our money, as long as the government gets there cut of our money before it's stolen, they don't care. I can't beleive they don't try and do anything about this. It's mail fraud, counterfeit checks, and theft all rolled up into one little bundle. I am at a loss of words for this.

sean
Old 08-21-2004, 09:28 AM
mvigod
Banned

Sad but true. Call the Secret Service and they will tell you they are helpless to stop this. That is what we were told

Here is a link about this on the consumer affairs site for those who want to learn more. this is one of the biggest scams going.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...eck_scams.html
Old 08-21-2004, 09:29 AM
mvigod
Banned

and another good link

http://www.fraud.org/tips/internet/fakecheck.htm
Old 08-21-2004, 10:21 PM
salmon
My Feedback: (114)

Hey guys, this same email came to me , I was trying to sell a fourstar120 and he sent me this( by the way I will take 175 dollars ARC for it) saying he would have his shipper pick the plane up and I would receive a check for 2500 dollars and I was to take 175 and take another 100 dollars out for the trouble and money order him the remaining balance,, I was suspicious from the start so I told him I would think about... same dude

it seems that he flies RC , he asked a couple of questions about the BME 100 and they sounded like they come from someone who's in the hobby,
Edwin
Old 08-22-2004, 12:02 AM
mvigod
Banned

tell them to fedex you the check. then toss it. sweet karmic revenge
Old 08-22-2004, 03:08 AM
Cactus.

the same goes for postal spam, just send back the freepost envelope, they have to pay for it, even better is when you send them each others junk.