The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Choose 5 planes for a glider/ airplane flyer

Old 07-28-2002, 10:36 PM
Tapio

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Choose 5 planes for a glider/ airplane flyer

When I started the hobby 10+ years ago I quickly started to "collect" airplanes. Just wrapping up a hanger build(garage) I'm cleaning house and would like to maintain a minimum inventory of planes. One would never do, 10 is getting up there.
Here is my direction:
XP-3 Discus launch glider- (ordered) I"ve found HLG,s very challenging to fly.You're not looking up for hours, just never seem to get bored with one.
Carden 35% Edge 540 .I'm presently flying 12lb 80" Extra 300,learned to torque roll on it, but the 1/3 scale is so much of a jump in flight performance. I'm not 100% sure which plane, I like them light!!This winters project.
35% Swick Taylorcraft. Will scratch this one. Good all arounder for winter , floats, aerotowing one wheel T& goes etc. The Bellanca at www.scalesoaring.net/EMM/emm%20news2.htm sure is sweet but I might have to nab the wifes profit sharing for that one.
EMS Sperber 4.5m electric glider. Ive already cut cores for a 4m twin boom inverted V-tail glider but don't seem to get to it. Would use it for camera work and soaring. Was never happy with mid size gliders.
Heli ?? A little unsure. Built a 63" TF P-47 but I find it too small in the air. A speed plane in the collection would be nice for windy days.