Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Richmond, VA area clubs???

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Richmond, VA area clubs???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:57 AM
plasticmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Richmond, VA area clubs???

Hello. I will be visiting relatives soon in Rockville, VA (just northwest of Richmond). I am an AMA member and I may be bringing a plane along. Are there any clubs in this area and is it OK to visit and fly?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:28 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Richmond, VA area clubs???

Hi Plasticmaster - according to my map of fields the [link=http://www.richmondarearc.com/]Richmond Area RC Club[/link] is not more then about 3.5 miles almost due WEST of Rockville. If you happen to have a GPS plug in these coordinates and it should put you in the middle of their runway, -77.755600 Longitude by 37.711765 Latitude. The only other field I show in that part of the country is about 21.8 miles East as the crow flies NE of Richmond. This is the [link=http://users.i-c.net/~hanoverrc/]Hanover Radio Control Flying Club[/link].

If your ever interested in this list, I have captured over 750 RC Club sites so far and have them on my web site, [link=http://groups.msn.com/PuttsRCHomePage]Putt's RC Home Page[/link]. You can either download the files in an Excel format which has a whole bunch of info about each club as well as live club rc links, aerial imagery and weather. The other format is MSN's Streets and Trips version, so if you have it and your going on a trip you can see for yourself where everyone is flying at. I am constantly asking for info on clubs and adding to to my list.

I think my website asks for you to join to download, but it doesn't mean anything if you do, just a formallity. I don't send out personal e-mails from it. It's one of MSN's free web site's you can create and that's just how they have it set up.

Have fun on vacation. If you go to my website look at a picture album called Vacation Flying - 2004. I used my list to stop and either fly or just visit when ever I needed to stretch my legs all the way from Ohio to Wyoming and back
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

plasticmaster,
I'm a member of RARC but I have'nt flown there in the last few months because a new field has opened much closer to my home. I'm not sure what our rules are on visitors but I know it was ok to let "guests' with AMA fly so I'm sure if you come to the field and start a dialogue with whomever is there, you'll probably get to fly. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:10 AM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Plasticmaster, I am a member of the Hanover RC club and a nicer bunch of guys you will never meet. If you are interested in flying with us PM me with your Ph# and I'll send you mine. We can set up a time for you to come out and fly with us. There is another club just north of Richmond which is pretty active but I don't think they have a web site so I can't tell you how to get there.