Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

EBAY- Does this make any sense - +50 shipping????

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

EBAY- Does this make any sense - +50 shipping????

Old 08-01-2002, 07:15 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EBAY- Does this make any sense - +50 shipping????

I can't believe this. Can someone explain the bids?? What do we have to sell???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1754407315
Old 08-01-2002, 12:22 PM
paero-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at it and what is your question. the current bid is 43.00 and the seller wants $ 50.00 to ship. Are you questioning the $ 50.00 shipping? If you think it's too much then don't bid.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:25 PM
rcflier_gi
My Feedback: (2)

$45 for a repairable plane and servos isn't bad, but add another $50 for shipping makes it a bad deal IMO.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Paul Grubich
My Feedback: (1)

Shipping prices are higher than ever at the moment. To ship the smallest box, weighing under a pound, via FedEx ground across country is $16.00. This makes it very hard to sell a two dollar item on Ebay and ask for $16.00 shipping. To ship this airplane would require and oversized box making it very expensive.

I was going to ship a quarter scale plane to Texas from Iowa and a mailing company quoted me $500.00 to box and ship ! I didn't ship it of course, the guy came and picked it up

Fuel prices are a big problem for shippers, FedEx and UPS warn there may be a fuel surcharge added to the shipping cost. One box I sent to New York got there later than it should have because the shipper ran out of gas !
Old 08-01-2002, 12:46 PM
rcflier_gi
My Feedback: (2)

Not so much that the shipping cost is unreasonable but at $95 total (so far) for a damaged plane and having only photos to guess at the extent of the damage is a little too much IMO. It may be a good deal but I would really need to see the plane in person. It would make a good local pick-up deal.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:14 PM
Flying V

I was going to sell a built 60 sized plane to someone in Alaska for $125.00 + shipping (I live in the WI). I took the plane to Mail Boxes Etc. They quoted me $95.00 to box the plane in (2) separate boxes & an additional $490.00 to ship via air or $590.00 to ship via rail! I'm almost positive that I could send the same thing via US Mail for Tons less! But $50 to ship may not be terrible price for proper packaging....
Old 08-01-2002, 01:19 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

That doesn't seem reasonable. I just bought a NIB fun fly over the internet (from a person not store) and the shipping was $7.25 via UPS. Granted that will be a much larger package but it still doesn't seem right.
Old 08-01-2002, 02:31 PM
gizmo8012
My Feedback: (15)

Default shipping

Dudes, it will probably take two boxes, unless you crate the whole plane, this is due to the fact that if you dont pack it good and separatly you will most likely get a big box of little sticks that used to be an airplane, I shipped a Hanger 9 cub 80" by UPS and it cost me 23.50 for the wing oversize package and 30.00 for the fuselage, so it takes a oversize bulky box to packed very carefully ( tail feathers, cowl, landing gear..ect..), I suggest if you want the plane but dont want to pay the shipping then go pick it up. The plane right now is 43.50 but it also has 4 days left on it, so it will most likely go up to at least a 100 or more, I've seen it done on eBay, so there it is.. my experience is only what I have.

P.s. If you want a more acurate price on the shipping, ask before the auction ends if the seller can box it all up, give him your zip and see if he can get a quote on shipping from UPS or something, that is what I did on the Cub, and the seller knew before hand the shipping was going to be more than 50.00.

Luke

Old 08-01-2002, 03:22 PM
lynngordon

Greyhound is the only way to ship an airplane!!! Cost less than half of any other shipping service - the catch - you have to go to the bus terminal to ship it and to pick it up.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:30 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

I was just commenting on the total price someone is willing to pay and wonder if some people miss the clear note about $50 shipping. It will probably total over $100 when bidding ends and as said above, that seems ridiculous! I've got to find some stuff to sell on Ebay!.
There is an exmple right now of a Spectra module where it is stated it retails for $95 and it is a used modeule and has reached $99 so far
Old 08-02-2002, 10:15 AM
shindin
My Feedback: (5)

Default shipping

shipping is very high lately , i sent two sets of retracts and several sets of struts, by priority mail, from Grovetown Ga to Sunnyvale Ca, with $400 in insurance.... small box, weighed 6# 3oz, and cost over $19 by usps..... i almost fell out in the post office... i charged the guy $8 to ship, as i had sent stuff to him before, and figured worse case scenario, i would have to pay $10 or 12, and the extra $2-4 wouldn't break me, i seem to under estimate shipping on pretty much everything.... but $19? ouch!!! about 4-5 years ago, i was sending .60-sized warbirds to Texas in huge boxes by ups for about $25...... i checked on greyhound once, and to bring a boxed ziroli p40 from Tx to here was going to be $125..... so on my current deal, the other fellow is going to drive here (7-8 hours) and i added to my side of the deal to compensate.... so if you haven't shipped anything in the last month or so, you will probably be in for a surprise next time you do.... i know i certainly was!