Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Frances

Old 09-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frances

Looks kike a rough time for our friends in Florida. I wish them well.

[link=http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p38cr/si.kmlb.shtml]Frances [/link]
Old 09-08-2004, 07:24 AM
Deltageek2

Default RE: Frances

Yeah, Dave- its ugly out there. Here in SC the remnants passed us last night and spawned 75 tornados- a record for the state- and this thing is only a fraction of what it was in Fla.

Ivan The Terrible, they now call it, is looking for trouble too, and is on the way!

By time we get to Vlad The Impaler its gonna be a real bad season. Kinda puts all our other concerns in perspective.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:02 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think thats bad, this will give you some REAL prospective of the storm. [link=http://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/hurseas2004/frances1615zB-040905-1kg12.jpg]frances at her worst[/link]

sean
Old 09-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My InLaws live in West Palm Beach. They headed out of town with everyone else and drove 6 hours on the highway and only went 100miles. So He blew it off, turned around and was back home in two. In their immediate neighborhood they got really lucky. Most of there friends were still home but after it all blew by, there house and a couple others were the only ones that still had electricity and it never went off! Weird. So they invited those they new into the home to eat and bathe and the rest of it.

Reminds me of one of those California fires when one entire mountain side subdivision was wiped out. Aerial shots showed countless homes gone but right in the middle was this one white house built by some Chinese guy who built the outside with some strange fire retentive stuff. Was barely even scortched.

"You know I was in a Tornado once when I was young, we lived in a Mobile Home outside of Dayton, God really hates Mobile Homes." Dr. Johnny Fever, WKRP In Cinncinati
Old 09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Rebellion

Deltageek, sounds like you got hit a lot worse than we did and I live quite a bit closer than you do. All we had here in central GA. was 4"-6" of rain and 30mph winds or so. I really feel for the folks that caught Frances full force !
BTW, I drive thru Spartanburg twice / week for the company I work for so I guess I'll get to see how ugly it got up your way tommorrow.
Sean, that's an awsome pic ! Gives a better idea of the scale of that monster.

David E.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:45 PM
bowencutie
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: e-dave

Looks kike a rough time for our friends in Florida. I wish them well.

[link=http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p38cr/si.kmlb.shtml]Frances [/link]
Thanks Dave for the well wishes
I just got my power back after a week. I live on the west coast of Florida and the Hurricane was very impressive. Our flying field was destroyed not by the storm but by some fool idiot with a duelie truck turfing up the run way. Would have made you cry to see all of us looking at the ruts. Wondering who could have been so thoughtless.... Other than that we only lost a shed- we were quite lucky
Old 09-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Rebellion

Glad to hear you guys cam through in relatively good shape. Now it seems you have Ivan to worry about. This looks to be an even more powerful storm than Frances.

[quote][Our flying field was destroyed not by the storm but by some fool idiot with a duelie truck turfing up the run way. Would have made you cry to see all of us looking at the ruts. Wondering who could have been so thoughtless.... Other than that we only lost a shed- we were quite lucky

Man that stinks ! Shame someone didn't get a tag number or something. People like that should be surgically prevent from ever having children, preferably without benefit of anesthesia IMHo.

Again, best wishes.

David E.