Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Adhesive:

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 07:54 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adhesive:

Would like to know what is the best adhesive to attached brass to epoxy...Made some inner and outer doors for a Byron P-51 out of epoxy..3 layers of 6 oz cloth...Made molds for them..am tired of ABS plastic..they always crack,of chip..Have Jerry Nelsons piano hinges and will use them instead of robart hinges...any suggestions
Old 08-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glass

I assume you mean that a linkage to your gear door is brass, and that's the part you want to attach. (?)

If so, i recommend first lightly scuffing both the brass and the part of the gear door where it will attach, with some sandpaper, to insure a good bond.

Then mix a small amount of epoxy, combined with some milled glass. (You can make it yourself, by chopping up some scrap glass into very small pieces.) This makes a very strong bond.

A simpler solution that works just as well is to use silicone. (Still, scuff the parts, but don't use the milled glass.)

The epoxy/milled glass joint is more rigid, but the silicone/glass joint is better at absorbing shock, and has the advantage that you could remove it later, if you like.