Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies...Custormer service

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Tower Hobbies...Custormer service

Old 08-06-2002, 02:04 PM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies...Custormer service

WEll I had such a pleasant experience with both of these companies that I thought I had to share.

I've been ordering from both these companys for quite a long time but up until my last order I never needed to make a return.

Tower First.... I had ordered all kinds of hardware and props for this new plane I've got... 3 of the 4 props I got for my Saito 180 where very out of balance.... Not wanting to sand the props I was just going to return them. i alos got three sets of the Sullivan metal control horns...Every horn in every package was identical so there where no lefts and rights (which are needed to do it right) So probably around $40 in stuff. I call Tower Yesterday to ask about returning the stuff, and in less than 5 minutes on the phone They're telling me they'll send out all new stuff free of charge and I can just keep and do as I please with the stuff I didn't want.

Thanks Tower!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me too. (again)

I've been a Tower customer for at least 15 years, and never had a bad experience.

Yesterday I received a big balsa order from them, which was supposed to include two books. One was missing. I called Tower, and without even a hint of hesitation, was informed that the book would be at my door in a few days. No stress.

These are good people, and that's a good service policy.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tower Hobbies...Custormer service

Guys,

Glad to hear about your experience with Tower. Sounds like they might be turning a new leaf, because they're customer service in the past is what sent me to Horizon Hobby Dist. Ever since then, I've never really needed to do any business with anyone else. Horizon's service is the type you're talking about, where they act like they actually care that you're happy with their product, not just that you continue to buy it. Don't you wish everybody was like that?
Old 08-07-2002, 10:28 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default customer service

Guys,
I live in a small northern town here in Canada and all my model goods are mail ordered. I too have had good luck with places like Tower Hobbies and also Horizon. I have something I would like to share: there is this one hobby shop that is fairly well known here in Ontario Canada, due to its owner and his son (I will not mention the shop's name) being prominent in the modelling world. I have been dealing with these guys for over 10 years since I attended college in the city they are in and got to know them. I once valued the good service and friendship they provided as well as the products, but something changed along the way. The employees that were so knowledgeable and helpfull left. The owner is no longer in the shop (very rarely anyhow) and orders seem to take forever to get out, the customer service (what there is left) seems to come last. I am quite dissapointed that this once excellent shop (where I once spent a GOOD deal of money) has now "let me down" so many times that I will not continue to do business with them. I used to not mind paying more for something from the small guy, as opposed to ordering from a larger mail order place since I got such great service. Now that the service sucks what is there to gain? Nothing! Its a real shame, in this day of guys wondering why the small hobby shops are disappearing, that sometimes it is not a matter of $$, not a matter of getting beat out by the "big" boys like Tower, it comes down to not providing the long time loyal customers with good service! Period!

AJC