Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Taking a break here

Old 10-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taking a break here

Guys , I am gonna take a break from this place for a while. To many double standards when it comes to certain moderators. Trying to be a positive contributor here comes at a cost. If you need anything, email me as normal.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:20 PM
TOPGUNNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Taking a break here

Well RCULater........
Old 10-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Live Wire

Vacations help but seem like nothing changes, See you later.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:01 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

It seems that Cyclic is upset because one of his threads was moved yet he thinks others should be moved also. Is this really something to get worked up over? If you're really pissed you just leave and stop posting, if you want attention you start a thread telling everyone your leaving, like it's gonna effect RCU one iota.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Why don't you read before you open your mouth. That is one of your problems. Seems like those who are "in" with some of the mods get left alone and thatis not right. They pick an choose. They should either do their job or leave and let somebody else do it. I said I was taking a break here. Pay attention[sm=bananahead.gif]

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

It seems that Cyclic is upset because one of his threads was moved yet he thinks others should be moved also. Is this really something to get worked up over? If you're really pissed you just leave and stop posting, if you want attention you start a thread telling everyone your leaving, like it's gonna effect RCU one iota.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:17 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how many more posts until your break officially begins?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Cyclic Hardover

3?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:09 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

Guys , I am gonna take a break from this place for a while. To many double standards when it comes to certain moderators. Trying to be a positive contributor here comes at a cost. If you need anything, email me as normal.
Hey Cyclic

Don’t let it bother you. Yes there is definite double standards here but what the hey. Just keep pecking away. The Bum just kept it up and now he is one of the valued pets...always there to state the obvious no matter how irrelevant. It seems to me someone like you with some real input should just ignore the identities here and just be happy to share ideas with those that care. In the end you are better than that!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:07 PM
BasinBum

Cyclic,
I read where you said you were taking a break yet here you are. I also read what you stated the problem was in a few other threads. It's just think it's kind of petty and you have a really short fuse with me as well. I may have a lot of problems like you said but, not reading isn't one of them. Is it ironic that your name is Cyclic and you seem to be at a bad time in your cycle?

As for the Crankmiester, in his last hundred posts this is the first time he has been in the clubhouse. Perhaps you are following me around because of my comment to you in the AMA forum? Hmmmm, following me around, kinda like a pet. As for preferential treatment, I have been placed on double secret probation by the mods in the past, didn't feel like I got special treatment then.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:15 PM
mvigod
Banned

This is over a moved post. I respect Cyclic's opinion on this issue but also respect the moderators judgement to do the right thing. Basically a post was moved (not edited or deleted) to the full scale forum since it was full scale related. He felt it should be in the clubhouse. If the thread directly relates to rc then either choice would probably be fine. If it was strictly about full scale without some tie in to rc then it must go into full scale. The moderator read the thread and felt it was best to place there without any disrespect meant to CH.

Anyway despite the alleged favoritism everyone here just tries to do their very best to make RCU the very best for the 10's of thousands of members here. If we ever thought that a moderator was singling anyone out or pushing their own agenda we would let them go. I am confident this is not the case.

I hope CH's break is not an extended one and that we see him back here sharing his knowledge.

Now if anyone truly needs a break it is me! Why you ask???

I get complaints from members who don't like moderators calls. Complaints from members that don't like moderators moving their posts in our forums or items in the marketplace. Complaints from users when we edit or delete their posts. Complaints from advertisers that other commercial entities are breaking our commercial posting rules. Complaints from members that advertisers or non-advertisers are breaking our commercial posting rules. Complaints that something on the site doesn't work. Complaints that something isn't fair on the site like the free poker game. Complaints that they don't like the colors we chose for the site. Complaints that the background is too light and it keeps their spouse up at night because the screen is to bright. Complaints that are reviews are biased. Complaints they can't get back to an advertisement they saw on the site a few pages back.

Those are just today's complaints!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Live Wire

Mark
You better watch out or you will take my place in the horspistal. Told it could have been stress
{BB}
Old 10-14-2004, 10:36 PM
TOPGUNNER

Hey wait a sec.... this is in the "Clubhouse" Topic
Should'nt it be in the "Grow Up" Topic..... Thats it i hate RCU!!!!!!!!!!! i'm done with these stupid airplanes too!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............. i cant freaking belive this.......... Screw it i'm just gonna throw away my entire computer because of this wrong post in the wrong topic issue.... I CANT TAKE IT!! i'm gonna go shoot myself.... (goodbye!)
RCU[sm=punching.gif]RCU

p.s. RCU Rules!!! and so do the Moderators.....RCU For President!!!.......[X(]. Thank You RCU!!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:00 PM
jettstarblue

BOOM!

Pets? well loved/hated? you decide!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

its best to just dissapear. I did that once, then people started to ask questions of where I went. So i decided to come back if people noticed that I had dissapeared. I know I can be a pain, but now and again, Im helpful. Just remember that there is a up side to every down, your only seeing the down, now look up.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:12 PM
mvigod
Banned

I think anyone and everyone should at times take a break from rcu for a day, a week or longer if they find themselves getting too caught up in things. I recommend to my moderators to do this and even put some on mandatory break if I see they are burnt out. Members I cannot do this for but anytime you find yourself getting very caught up in things here, mad, upset then it is probably a good time to just take a few days breather and regain perspective.

It is easy to get caught up in things here and we all fall victim to it at times myself included. The key is to recognize when it is happening and just step away for awhile. Amazing what a couple days away can do.

Ultimately this hobby we all do for fun. We do it because we enjoy it. We come to RCU to get info, buy, sell or share with others who are obsessed with this crazy hobby. Once it starts raising your blood pressure a few points that's when you want to back away, take a break and come back refreshed. [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 10-14-2004, 11:58 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Since I am the Senior Moderator here I want to add my 2 cents. I have been doing this for more years then I want to remember and have worked with many a good person and some not to good, but I am here to tell you that we have some of the most dedicated and level headed moderators you could ever ask for, bar none. If I ever felt that one of them was playing favorites, abusing his position or was just being lazy I would be all of them like white on rice! I have never tolerated any slacking and I am not about to start now and every time I get a complaint I check into it and leave no stone unturned getting to the bottom of the problem. We do this because we care about this site and its members and we want to keep bringing you the best to offer 24/7, so I get a wee bit bent out of shape when someone makes a complaint that isn't justified and I will go to the wall every time for my moderators, favoritism?????? I don't think so!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:21 AM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So........ what's everybody's point?

Cyclic,

Don't let it get to you Bud......

Gary
Old 10-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yo, Cyclic....

....your post was "gone over" in the Mod Forum....
....in the old days, MikeL would've canned that post so fast, if you blinked
you would have missed it.
....luckily, we had a place to move it....Full Scale Planes.

....see what GrnBrt said ? Dazza fact. Every Member, and every post has merit....
until it is deemed otherwise. Hardly anything is done here without a consensus of
the Mods. Sometimes we can't balance the scales....that's when Marc or Plane
Insane (Nathan) steps in....and like the Captain of a ship....does what's right for
the betterment of the ship.

Sometimes people collide, and assignments are switched, so confrontations are
avoided. Remember your last Duty assignment ? Did you like everyone there ?
Did everyone like you ? See what I mean ?

So, what did us ol' Military Guys do, when it got rough ? We just kept puttin' one
foot in front of the other....till we got through.

Enjoy the weekend, Mike....see ya' soon. [sm=thumbup.gif]

FBD.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:12 AM
BillyGoat

I may stand corrected, but didn’t Cyclic “take a break” once before?
Old 10-15-2004, 07:29 AM
ben flyn

ORIGINAL: BillyGoat

I may stand corrected, but didn’t Cyclic “take a break” once before?

You mean, you can only take ONE break before you die?[X(]
Old 10-15-2004, 08:09 AM
scottrc

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I'll take a break and watch the news. Nothing more relaxing than watching the "truth" being shared across the land.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:00 AM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: ben flyn
You mean, you can only take ONE break before you die?
I was trying to put it in a nice way that I believe he’s had bug up his arse before. And I believe it was an adios for good departure.

Whatever… He’s a decent contributor to RCU and he’ll be back. Just needs to grow some thicker skin.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:02 AM
TOPGUNNER

Once i took a break and got fired...... oh wait i just never came back........
Old 10-15-2004, 10:16 AM
BasinBum

RE: a black list on RCU? - 3/24/2004 7:36:01 AM

This from Cyclic back on 3/24/2004

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1654862

Cyclic Hardover
Retired Army Aviator
Black list ? Nah But look at me, you have had the privilege of my my first post in months and my last for many more. There are some overzealous moderators here and I think its due to some of them being 12 years old trying to moderate a thread between consenting adults. Frankly I can't remember the name of the moderator who made me decide to leave but it still leaves a bad taste.
There are many topics and threads that just do not get much repsonse. If you take a good look here, I would say that most to 80% of all threads posted first answer the question , then get off track and start discussing the body fat content of the pork belly pig. This is where arguments start and the moderators need to catch this and close it.
I also feel theri should be a limit to responses to threads. Maybe 10-15. I mean the "Sepulveda Basin"? Thats ridiculous. [sm=RAINFRO.gif]
This seems like a Cyclical ocurance.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
lionheart

Tempest in a teapot. Who cares.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.